Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PhamtonTweak's Spring Fling 2017

Default PhamtonTweak's Spring Fling 2017

OK, Heeeere we go!
    First leg, MMAA -> MMMZ, in the Milton Shupe F7F-3 Bare Metal version, with FSRealWX in the mix

Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

Made it!
    Down safe at MMMZ. Smell that tropical sea air, here at Mazatlan. BEAUtiful day...HERE. Had some TRW's enroute. Bumpy ride, but some lovely lightning. Did I get a picture? Of course not. I guess my reaction time isn't what it once was (sigh)...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_2290 Mar. 26 14.09_A.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	197062

[BIIIIIIG inhale!]

Name:	ScreenHunter_2292 Mar. 26 14.10_A.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	197063

Duenna to follow. Well, scratch leg 1

Name:  FlightLog_14-04-39.JPG
Views: 383
Size:  83.0 KB

NOTE: I had forgotten to change the Realism settings to what the Duenna wants before I got started. I did set the Realism correctly before the flight, but due to real world time constraints, I didn't restart the sim. I just went with it as-was, so the Duenna was upset with me. Only this flight though. From hence-forth it will be fine.

Fun flight, actually!
    Next one when I can
    Pat☺
    Last edited by PhantomTweak; 03-26-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Looks good to me! Love that bare metal version!
    Fair skies and following winds,
    -Frank-
    PROUD FS RTWR Pilot since 2015!
    Kick the tires and light the fires! We's goin' FLYIN'!

Me too!
    It seems to me, true or not, that the bare metal version of a plane looks and feels faster than a painted one

SO! I am now gonna take 'er wave hopping over to La Paz. Maybe spend a little time on the beech, if the weather permits. Rain I don't mind, but lightning when I'm on the beach is OUT!
    MMMZ -> MMLP.
    Up up and AWAAAAY!
    Pat☺

Thumbs down

Well, heck!
    Had a small mix-up with a down draft off the end of the runway, getting close MMLP. Needless to say, well, um, going to have to run THAT leg again. It really was a beautiful day. Until I got over land at La Paz. A few low clouds, light winds, and a downdraft...
    Well, anyway, that was an oopsie. I'll try again tomorrow

Outbound over Mazatlan, keeping this one low, just for the fun of it

Name:	ScreenHunter_2298 Mar. 28 13.12_A.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	197099

About to enter the pattern at La Paz. As you can see, a few cu up there.
    I personally think I got caught in a microburst a the far end of the runway, when I was low-n-slow, but heck, stuff happens

Name:	ScreenHunter_2300 Mar. 28 13.57_A.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	197098

Name:  FlightLog_14-02-08.JPG
Views: 361
Size:  80.2 KB

By the way: Been having trouble with the forum posts lately. I try to call up the "Manage Attachments" feature, and there's just the site's default background picture in the window. No buttons, sections, nothing. Just the picture. Odd. Anyway, if you want to see the text file, just ask. I can post it as a text file, or try and post a link to the Duenna records, if I can figure that out
    I'll try this leg again tomorrow.
    Pat☺

Ok! Lets try this again!
    MMMZ -> MMLP
    Flight to beautiful La Paz. Nice weather, few cu in the area of La Paz, but nothing severe. Yet. I expect some nice TRW's to pop later in the day, so no beach time. I don't want to bet electrocuted while "chatting up" a lovely senorita! Very embarrassin' indeed.
    Pat☺

Made it!
    This time, no sudden down-drafts. Nice change. Some bumpy areas but nothing too bad.
    Not the best landing I ever made, buuuut...
    I apologize. I forgot to load the film in the camera this flight. I promise pictures from the next flight. Honest!

Name:  FlightLog_13-29-41.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  81.2 KB

Sorry, I still can't get the Manage Attachments feature to work. I will post the text file from Duenna if you want.

Anyway, next flight soonest. Heading up to visit the lovely base at North Island. They have a great beach, golf course, and the bars, ahhh the bars! They had one next door to the barracks I stayed in when I was there for school long time back. Just walk out the front door of the barracks, a few steps in a breezeway, and bingo! Straight into the front door of the bar. Tons of fun at the bar, and they didn't seem to mind a lovely or three taking the few steps over to the barracks, soooo...
    Have fun all!
    Pat☺

OH what a beautiful day to go flying! What day isn't, really?

Today, we're taking a run from La Paz up tp North Island. MMLP -> KNZY.

BEAUTIFUL day, warm, balmy. light breezes...

Name:	ScreenHunter_2304 Mar. 31 12.39_A.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	197133

And sadly we bid adieu to La Paz...

Name:	ScreenHunter_2305 Mar. 31 12.39_A.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	197134

See you when we land!
    Pat☺

Hi Pat,

What cargo are you carrying in that thing - should I have the customs agents meet you on the ramp at North Island ? Big old fast unmarked plane bopping around Mexico - hmmm...

Great set in a beautiful plane - looks like fun !

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it!
    Sorry, I was a little busy flying this beautiful bird to get many pictures, but I got a few for y'all
    Scott: That's my middle name. No, not "smuggler"! Scott! All I'm carrying is some Dos Equis XX, and of course a lot of limes They've been cleared by agro at La Paz, honest they were!

I'll post the pictures I got asap, but now, it's lunch! I'm famished. And maybe catch a wave or three. We'll see!

Name:  FlightLog_14-54-31.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  75.5 KB

Fun flight, quiet for the most part. Had some headwind come up towords the end, but I dropped down some and got out of the worst of it. Actually, only bounced the landing once! Not bad for me
    Kept it gentle, though. Musn't shake up the brewski's! And now, me, my brews, and some limes are heading for the club!
    Pictures to follow
    Next flight, maybe tomorrow, maybe take a day off, we'll see how much beer I have today/tonight. And how many waves I catch. Or catch ME! blub-blub...
    See y'all soon!
    Pat☺

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast