FS9 default weather error. Why?

martinstebbing

Hi. Every time I go into the FS9 weather settings, the surface winds are getting reset to 100000' and I get an error box telling me to change this (screenshot below).

Anyone know what might be setting 100000' like this. It's getting irritating to have to change this every time I go into the weather settings.

Thanks.

Yes, if they are in any other location, FS9 crashes at startup :-)

I saw that UpperVisAltitude= in FSUIPC.ini was at 100000, but even though I have changed it to a lower figure, the surface winds altitude in the FS9 weather menu still keeps immediately resetting itself to 100000, no matter how many times I keep changing it.

I re-saved my default flight with the value set to 90000, but it is back at 100000' again when I reload the weather options.

Can't think what else can be inputting that into the sim :mad:

OK, definitely FSUIPC: when I replace FSUIPC.ini with an old, backed-up version, the value is 1999 instead of 100000. Since neither of those figures appears in the ini file, I now have to work out which line is responsible..

EDIT:

OwnWeatherChanges=Yes & you get 100000

OwnWeatherChanges=No & it's 1999

No idea why that is so, but I've switched back and forth between 'Yes' and 'No' and it's definitely that that does it.

Archived