Does FS X SE have the flight lessons like FS9?

N33029

Hi All,

Title says it all: Does FS X SE have the flight lessons like FS9?

Thanks,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Hi All,

Title says it all: Does FS X SE have the flight lessons like FS9?

Thanks,

Sean

Yes. Check the menu option (on the left of the opening screen) Learning Center.

You can go from "I doan' knows nuffin 'bout no aero-e-plain!" to "Two weeks ago, I couldn't spell 'Airline Pilot', now I are one!" :D :D :p

I'm sorry, natural smart-alek coming out. Point is, yes it does. Lessons for Private Pilot 101 all the way up to advanced Airline Pilot.

Does that answer your question?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

It has missions, but they are really tightly regulated. My checkried failed due to not climbing the excact right way

It has lessons....many of them before the final check-ride for that set of lessons. As you found out...you can't skip everything and go right to the check-ride with hopes of passing.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The FSX lessons are identical to those of FS9. I had completed the basic lessons in FS9 and as a refresher I attempted them in FSX. I experienced problems with loss of control that I didn't have in FS9. I went to the check ride and was able to complete it without any problem. It seems that the problems were related to the transitioning from computer control of the plane to user control. It appeared that there was some difference in the way it was handled in the different sims. I recently had a thought that perhaps the problem was due to my realism settings. I now have everything set at about 85% and it's very likely that I had it lower in FS9. I haven't checked it out but maybe it's something to consider.

Yes. Check the menu option (on the left of the opening screen) Learning Center.

You can go from "I doan' knows nuffin 'bout no aero-e-plain!" to "Two weeks ago, I couldn't spell 'Airline Pilot', now I are one!" :D :D :p

I'm sorry, natural smart-alek coming out. Point is, yes it does. Lessons for Private Pilot 101 all the way up to advanced Airline Pilot.

Does that answer your question?

Pat☺

Thanks, Pat, got it in one. I don't have the program yet, just the gaming laptop to run it on. Still getting around to setting it all up. I actually wanted to know about the flying lessons to be able to tell somebody I know about learning to fly as hobby.

Thanks,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Glad I could help, Sean :)

Hope your friend has fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

I had Saitek throttles which danced around on the screen in flight. A shot of contact cleaner/lubricant fixed the problem. This is available at Radio Shack. Spray into the potentiometer and work the control several times.

I hope this helps:

Jim Elder

just the gaming laptop to run it on.

Bear in mind, a "gaming" computer, whether lap- or desk-top, may not be the best choice for FSX. They tend to focus on the Graphix, on the GFX card, memory for the GFX card and so on.

FSX needs a powerful CPU, more than a strong GPU. It also uses a max of 4GB of RAM, whereas games today can take advantage of more than that. Yes, a few GB more than the 4 FSX can use is needed for the OS's use, and any other programs running in the background.

Finally, and there has been much controversy on this, but the consensus is that FSX can't make use of multi threading. According to most, it's best to turn it off in the computer's BIOS, whereas many modern games CAN make use of it. I'm sure we will hear many different ideas on this, however.

Finally, FSX is a 32 bit program, BUT it runs fine of 64 bit systems. Just make sure not to install it in the default location, c:\Program Files (X86). Particularly in Win10 it can cause troubles, due to changes they've made in UAC.

Just a couple things to bear in mind when setting up a new computer for any MSFS.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bear in mind, a "gaming" computer, whether lap- or desk-top, may not be the best choice for FSX. They tend to focus on the Graphix, on the GFX card, memory for the GFX card and so on.

FSX needs a powerful CPU, more than a strong GPU. It also uses a max of 4GB of RAM, whereas games today can take advantage of more than that. Yes, a few GB more than the 4 FSX can use is needed for the OS's use, and any other programs running in the background.

Finally, and there has been much controversy on this, but the consensus is that FSX can't make use of multi threading. According to most, it's best to turn it off in the computer's BIOS, whereas many modern games CAN make use of it. I'm sure we will hear many different ideas on this, however.

Finally, FSX is a 32 bit program, BUT it runs fine of 64 bit systems. Just make sure not to install it in the default location, c:\Program Files (X86). Particularly in Win10 it can cause troubles, due to changes they've made in UAC.

Just a couple things to bear in mind when setting up a new computer for any MSFS.

Pat☺

+1 After getting the "gaming" laptop I would bet we'll hear plenty about him not getting 150-500 FPS like the "bang-bang, you're dead" shoot-em-up games he's expecting.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived