Video Card Nvidia GTX 960 2 gb or Nvidia GTX 1050 ti 4 gb

I have a Nvidia GTX 745 and want to swap it out for either the GTX 960 2 gb or GTX 1050 ti 4 gb. I run FSX and Aerofly FS2. PC Specs: I-7 6700 CPU, Windows 10 Home, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HD.

I have researched and can't seem to determine whether one is better than the other, especially as it relates to FSX.

My tech knowledge is not great, so would appreciate any comments as to which one may be better for flying. From what I can gather it's a toss up, but wanted to throw it out there before I made the purchase.

Thanks.

There are two websites that I always use in comparing CPUs and GPUs, and they are GPUboss.com and CPUboss.com.

Here's the comparison. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-960-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti

Read though it all. Obsessively the 1050 would be better.

There is a caveat though. You need to make sure your current PSU can handle a new GPU. What is the make and model and output wattage of your current PSU? (Power Supply Unit)

And it's i7, not i-7. If you are expecting a performance bump in FSX with a GPU upgrade, you won't get it. Flight Simulator is a CPU hog and about 25% of the processing is in the GPU. The rest being in the CPU. So the better the CPU and over clock the better frames you will get. You pretty much already got a high end CPU already. If your motherboard and RAM is capable, over clock.

Archived