FSX Not Working Anymore After Intalling SP1 & SP2

TaddyG

I got FSX a few days ago and right after installation, I attempted to install SP1 so I could play multiplayer. SP1 didn't work. In the meantime, I played with the free flight singleplayer. Today, I tried installing SP1 again, and it worked! Then I installed SP2 and it also worked. Then I double-clicked FSX on my desktop, and it told me my DirectX was incompatible. Even though I never updated or changed my DirectX and I have been playing FSX for a few days now.

I tried updating DirectX but I'm fully updated.

Help please.

Give more info about your system.

Which Windows OS ?

Basically, FSX is a dx9 soft and, when you install SP2, compatibility with dx10.

As exemple, If you have Win 10, you are on dx12.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Give more info about your system.

Which Windows OS?

Basically, FSX is a dx9 soft and, when you install SP2, compatibility with dx10.

As exemple, If you have Win 10, you are on dx12.

Did you read where he did have things working? And it really doesn't matter whether or not he has Win 10.

TaddyG,

See if your video card drivers are up to date. Also see what video card FSX is using. Some systems have an integrated video chip and a stand-alone video card.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

The version is VERY necessary. If, for instance, you installed SP1 and SP2 on FSX-SE, then you're screwed. Then only a complete uninstall and clean-up, followed by a reinstall of SE will fix things.

Jorgen

Are you sure you can even install SP1 and SP2 to the Steam version?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Did you install using DVDs or download from Steam?

+1 I'm with loki. If you downloaded from Steam, then your version is FSX+Acceleration and installing the SPs is the WRONG thing to do!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Can't find the version. Video card drivers are up to date.

Version number: Right click on the FSX.exe. Click `Properties`. From the dropdown menu click Details.

Read the version number from the Product Version. Post that number here.

It's just Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The regular one.

Standard/Deluxe with 2 discs or with Acceleration with 3 discs?

If you have an FSX.cfg file, check the following:

Under [Graphics]

D3D10=0

You may be looking at a reinstall of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/179113/how-to-install-the-latest-version-of-directx

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Look, we're not asking all these questions to be mean, to feel self-important, or just simply for fun and games.

We're a bunch of unpaid volunteers, located all over the world, with all sorts of different backgrounds, on here on our own spare time and at our own cost, who have experienced some of the issues with FSX and are trying to share our experiences to help others out.

There are several versions of FSX out there, and to point you in the right direction, so you can get up and running, we need to know what the base version you have is. Without that piece of information we cannot do anything, it's as simple as that.

Jorgen

Archived