N33029

Gang,

I uninstalled FS Terrain in my copy of FS 2002 hoping that the reversed compass problem would revert to correct. It didn't, so perhaps I need to reinstall the whole program. I guess I'll need to buy it over again as I don't know where my disks are, but I'll look.

Anyway, this morning I thought I was going to fly the Corsair high and fast, and that didn't happen. Disappointed with the rate-of-climb I slewed up to 30,000' The engine made a knocking sound until I leaned the mixture, but I still couldn't maintain altitude. Next I tried climbing out from Sacramento International and the plane didn't want to climb higher than about 9,000' I tried experimenting with the engine controls but no dice. My IAS was slow,

I was hoping someone could give me correct manifold, propeller pitch settings, and V-speeds as I'd very much like to fly this plane correctly. Any help?

Thanks,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Your corsair problems "might" be due to your scenery woes? I don't fly it that much so I don't have that info.

Fixing FS is your bigger hurdle.

Keep trying to find those CDs, but in the meantime you may be able to fix what you've got installed. :pilot:

Win10/64 can be picky at times. What I would try is:

Copy your current scenery.cfg file to somewhere outside of your install location. To be safe, make sure its outside the "(X86)" program files location.

Start FS and go to your World>Scenery menu. Disable the scenery you think is causing the hassles AND delete that scenery (within World>Scenery).

Close FS and physically delete those scenery files.

Now, delete your scenery.cfg file in FS.

Start FS and cross your fingers. You want to see FS rebuilding its scenery database. This should load the default scenery and you'll need to re-enable the good scenery files you've installed. If this doesn't work, you can just copy your scenery.cfg backup back into the main FS folder (but you'll still have the same problem).

You can also try the same trick with both the scenery.cfg file and your FS2002.cfg file, but try just the scenery.cfg file first.

It's not the scenery Bob. The Corsair at FL300 will ice up. You did not press 'Shift+H' for pitot heat (reason for 'low' speed) or 'H' for carb heat and that is what happened. Don't delete any cfg's. Not necessary.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived