MS 747 not shown in FSX aircraft list

nichosi

Had to reinstall FSX, installed sp1 & 2 but, when I start fsx the 747 is not shown to select to fly.

Any help? .....thanx ....nick

Did you put a checkmark in the Show all Variations box in the Select Aircraft page?

select page.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Is the 747 aircraft folder in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder? You also stated that the flight opens in the VC with instruments blank. Did you want it to start in the 2D cockpit? Have you gone into Settings/Customize/Aircraft and checked off the proper settings? Does the 747 aircraft folder have a proper panel folder in it?

Yes 747 shows in the list under aeroplanes among all the other types on win explorer as mentioned above.

Where are those settings located?

I tried "repair" with my FSX CD but now FSX does not even run. The opening icon shows & hangs.

DSC_0012.jpg

Yes 747 shows in the list under aeroplanes among all the other types on win explorer as mentioned above.

Where are those settings located?

I tried "repair" with my FSX CD but now FSX does not even run. The opening icon shows & hangs.

DSC_0012.jpg

Your little image shows NO check mark in the "Show all variations box"! Did you uninstall SP1 and SP2 before doing the repair? If not, and I made the same mistake about 2 weeks ago, you will be looking at a full uninstall and reinstall. Good luck!

Crumps..... not again!, reinstall sp1 & 2 won't do?

Go ahead and try! Sp1 will probably go in but SP2 will probably say that it is looking for an "English Version of FSX" because it can't find some registry items. Once again, speaking from recent experience. Good Luck!

Archived