Why I fly #10: Hanging Around Innsbruck

llivaudais

Greetings.

I've waited for years to have a machine that could record and edit game/flight videos and the time has finally arrived.

Every time I saw someone adding to the FSX sticky "How do you keep FSX interesting?" I wanted to share my experiences but couldn't really except by maybe copying over one of the in-flight "recordings" (.fsr file). Now I have an alternative... videos fill the bill and, yes, I am having fun.

This "Why I fly #10: Hanging Around Innsbruck" is located at a scenic location among the valleys of Austria: hang gliding into Innsbruck [LOWI]

Took the plunge; now hosting on Youtube - all previous videos are also available there.

( for full size )

or

for the miniature viewer here

Description:

Sim - Prepar3d 2.5 (1920 x 1080 30fps)

Aircraft - Aeronautic Innovation Ruhle (A-I-R) Atos VR hang glider by David Rowberry (atos_vr.zip) available at Flightsim.com library

Scenery - photoscenery overlaid with custom Autogen for Austria by Milan Smid (atautogen2015.zip)

capture software - OBS

titles created in Gimp

editing software - Blender (final mp4 at 720p)

duration - 11:16

music - "Perspectives" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)

Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Hope you enjoy!

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

VERY PRETTY Loyd!!

Having said that, may I offer a little advice? Just because you can pan doesn't mean you should do it all the time or even a lot of the time!

Think about most of the "good" commercial film clips you've seen. And compare them to a lot or probably most amateur clips. IMHO one of the biggest pluses to the commercial clips is you don't get a headache from jerky and continuous panning.

I encourage you to change views, although not continuously either. But I also encourage you to let the scenery evolve. Perhaps we'll miss a little bit of the scenery because you didn't do a huge pan to show it. But what we do see will be much cleaner and, to my eyes at least, enjoyed more. ;)

Thanks so much for your post!!!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived