How to get multiple approaches to come up in the GPS 500.

I don't use the Garmin 500 series any longer so I can't help you with your problem. I opted for G. Munro's New GPS which can be found in the library (GPS6.zip) and it offers a whole host of advantages, IMHO, over the G500 series GPS. Much easier to use and yes, it offers ALL the approaches to any FSX airport. You select the approach to a particular airport, activate it in the program and it will automatically fly that approach within FSX parameters.

I use Mr. Munro's GPS in a few planes too, and it's an excellent gauge. Many advantages over the original, IMO. Only trouble I have with it is how BIG it is. Takes up most of my screen. VERY readable, though :)

I've been so busy, I just haven't taken the time to make it smaller. Just me. I'll get time sooner or later, and take care of it then. Just a matter of DOING it. I may even replace the default GPS in more planes once I get it smaller.

Anywho, there's my 2 pennies worth...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

are you sure the destination apt has multiple approaches?

Just tested the procedures in a KBNA-KMEM flight and everything was normal.

If you try the same flight, you should see this...

0-select destination with multiple approaches

1-enter flightplan autopilot

1-have a FP loaded.jpg

2-enter [PROC]

2-click the [PROC] button.jpg

3-respond with [ENT]

3-respond affirmatively [ENT].jpg

4-select approach with inner knob and [ENT]

4-scroll inner knob to select [ent].jpg

5- [ENT] [ENT]

5-[ent] [ent].jpg

6- selection confirmed and entered into flightplan

6-approach added (done).jpg

hope this helps; if you are still seeing a single approach at KMEM then perhaps something really is broke. A repair 'may' be in order but DON'T jump to that immediately - give it a few more days to see if any other solutions are suggested.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Oh man, I feel a bit silly now! llivaudis, you nailed it. I was trying to access the approaches directly by pressing the PROC button -- then only the one approach comes up. But like you explain, you have to go through FLP and activate a flight plan first. Then PROC works fine. The Learning Center doesn't make that very clear at all, and the PROC allows you to select airports directly, so I assumed you could select approaches without a flight plan and practice them that way. But doing it that way only the one comes up.

Thanks very much for the awesome tip! And thanks to the others for theirs tip re alternative GPS!

glad to help - I needed a refresher anyway...

L

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived