Why I fly #3 "Goin' to the boat"

llivaudais

Greetings.

I've waited for years to have a machine that could record and edit game/flight videos and the time has finally arrived.

I'm new to this aspect of the simming experience but every time I see someone adding to the FSX sticky "How do you keep FSX interesting?" I want to point out some of my flights but couldn't do anything but maybe provide one of the in-flight "recordings/.fsr" files.

Now I have no more excuses... my effort at this point may be amateurish but, hey, I'm having fun.

This "Why I fly #3" offering could be titled "Goin' to the Boat" - carrier qualifications.

available on YouTube:

-------------------------------------------------------------

technical:

Sim - Prepar3d 2.5 (1920 x 1080 30fps)

capture - OBS

titles created in Gimp

editing - Blender (final mp4 at 720p)

duration - 3:23

music - none

Aircraft - Dino Cattaneo'S T-45 Goshawk v275 (most current version 283: t45cv283.zip)

San Diego based AI Carrier - Javier Fernandez (USS_NIMITZ_IKE_VERSION2.ZIP) replacing default moving carrier model

I created and used 4 custom scenery camera locations during the recording.

Hope you enjoy,

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Very nice vid indeed. CQ's are one of MY favorite kinds of flights, I just don't take the time to record them :D Get a bit busy, as I'm sure you're well aware. That's a very good plane to get you initials done, and finally get your Wings of Gold, too.

When you're ready to move up a little, the FSDT FSX BA F/A-18C, v16.1 is a really well made aircraft. Super good FDE, and the FCS is second to none. I can post a link to where to download it should you desire. I can't say enough good about it. A newer, v17 is coming soon. It's in beta right now.

One thing I noticed, not to nit pick, much, but you were going way fast on your recoveries. The AOA indicator and HUD symbology both showed it. The E symbol, or AOA Bracket, to the left of the V V, was WAY above the V V, it should be aligned with the V V, and the AOA showed the red arrow, indicating much to much speed on the bird. It should indicate the yellow circle in the middle position. I think your pitch trim may be low too.

Your line-up and glideslope look great though!

Read through the vNATOPS that came in the DOCS folder with the plane. It will explain all this more clearly than I.

If you want an AI to help you out, vLSO is a wonderful little add-on for carrier ops. They hate my guts, but other than that, it's wonderful. Just like a real LSO. They will talk you down, and give you a critique of each recovery. Be prepared, LSO's, even virtual ones, have NO sense of humor, though :D

For carrier ops, nothing beats AICarriers.NET, not the older AICarriers.exe. Lets you place the boat where you want, on the heading you want, and the speed you want. Add a little wind on the right heading, and you've got the correct WOD for any plane's recovery.

Anyway, thanks for a very enjoyable vid!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

thanks for the comments, Pat, and glad to "make your acquantance". You are my "go to" man for all things carrier related.

My 'bird' in RL was the Grumman A-6A Intruder. Also Sgt USMC inactive reserve (Da Nang RVN '69-70) AQ (was that 6234 mos?). That tiny little avatar is a VMA(aw)-225 A-6 with probably a full load of 28 x 500 pounders.

I have - and fly - the FSDT F-18 also, I just chose to use one more likely to be for first timers at the boat. I found the in-session recorder kept the ship as part of the recording fortunately; I really was expecting to have to use the AICarriers.net.

I "cheated": there was only one landing - just recorded from multiple cameras so I appeared to have multiple personalities.

This is getting easier each time; I just hope I can keep the episodes fresh and interesting.

Loyd

Get a YouTube account. Doesn't matter what people think, It matters what you enjoy. YouTube will make it easier to share. I have one and have only done a couple of videos. I am currently ordering n Avermedia capture device so I can use a separate machine to capture to.

Also when sharing it is as easy as this........Yes, I know the video is too long. Skip ahead.....LOL

you are too kind, Ross. I'll name a child after you if I ever have another one...

I'll try to remember that fade out/fade in to replace blocks of time cut out.

L

Hi Lloyd!

Pleased to meet you also :)

Thank you for you service, brother, and Semper Fi!

My 'bird' in RL was the Grumman A-6A Intruder. Also Sgt USMC inactive reserve (Da Nang RVN '69-70) AQ (was that 6234 mos?). That tiny little avatar is a VMA(aw)-225 A-6 with probably a full load of 28 x 500 pounders.

I was AQ, (6473/4). My little avatar is the sqardorn insignia for VMFAT-101, my first home. F-4N's and J's. They got rid of the Aero-1A a couple years after I got my MOS, so I had to get another :D

This is getting easier each time; I just hope I can keep the episodes fresh and interesting.

As long as YOU think it's fun and interesting, that's all that matters. We're just along for the ride :D

Keep having fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived