Somebody knowledgeable in FSX event ID's help please

dogdish

I'm assigning some autopilot commands to some Saitek Instrument Panel buttons for altitude. Which of these are equivalents to the Saitek Multipanel ALT button. I would think it is something that toggles however the Saitek circuitry might select a ON event then a OFF event with the same button.

AP_ALT_HOLD Toggles altitude hold mode

AP_ALT_HOLD_ON Turns altitude hold mode on

AP_ALT_HOLD_OFF Turns altitude hold mode off

AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD Toggles altitude hold mode on/off

AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_ON Turns altitude hold mode on (without capturing current altitude)

AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_OFF Turns altitude hold mode off

AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_SET Sets altitude hold mode on/off (1,0)

AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH Sets altitude reference in feet

AP_ALT_VAR_SET_METRIC Sets altitude reference in meters

ALTITUDE_BUG_SELECT Selects the altitude reference for use with +/-

THANKS

EDIT: Found what I needed on Google AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD using dialed AP altitude

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hi,

Glad you got it sorted.

While you were at it did you happen to find which event sets the altitude to hold the current altitude?

I am building a custom autopilot to operate the Carenado Phenom 300. In the Sim when I press alt hold it changes the preselected alt to match the current but although my alt hold works in that it will climb to the preselected alt then stop, I cannot find the event which initially syncs both current and preselected alt?

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it's the first one on the list, captures current altitude. Googling each event brings up an more in-depth explanation from somebody's past inquiry. Some links come back to Flightsim!
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I am pretty sure that I have previously tried all of those that you listed without joy.

I shall have to go through them again to check. I currently have AP_ALT_HOLD_ON assigned but that is not doing it. More research required!

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Archived