20 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get X-plane 11?

• Yes, While in beta.
    • When its released.
    • Ill stick with FSX
    • Im better off with FS2004 still.
    • I'll use P3D
    • I will keep using FlightGear

Its a new installment of X-Plane and has upped the price by 10$ after X-Plane 10's Price of 50$ USD for the beta

The new FMOD Sound engine will be awesome in my opinion as sound is a feature sometimes flight sims require high modding for it to sound like IRL

The graphics have been improved a lot. My pc can handle 10 but cant handle 11 RIP

Im not too sure if theres new aircraft or not but my goodness are they even better.

Very easy weather setup its like programming a game its very simple.

And lot more weather modes aswell.

Im excited for X-Plane 11 best thing is that Laminar Research made the best out of the box sim even better

That means that 60$ = Everything listed here

Also with 60$ being the price for the beta its the same price as P3D (academic no changes between proffesional just a removed small watermark) So you can make a decision here between which one to choose. Note that P3D V4 is coming and will have 64-bit

Get it here: http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/buy-it/

Or Try the Demo here: http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

A bonus is you get X-Plane 10 if you buy 11 only for beta testers.

• 1 month later...
My vote would be to keep the XP11 demo ... put up with the 20 min limit and leave it at that. They used all the best in that area, and my system which is at minimum specs operates the demo well, but I doubt it will be the same with the full version because the scenery won't be a good, and addons would be need which would call for a more powerful system.

XP10/FSXSE_MSI B350_AMD Ryzen7 1700_16Gb DDR4 2133_Win7 64_GTX 550 1GB GPU

FSXSE/XP11/P3D ECS H87H3-WM_Intel i7 4770k @3.5Ghz_16Gb DDR3 1600_Win7 64_GTX 1050Ti 4GB GPU

I just ordered the XP11 disks set. The demo has worked great for me and am looking forward to installing the rest of the US. Am getting okay performance, but plan on updating to a 1080ti soon.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I got it from Steam and have put it through its paces. On my machine the performance is better than X-plane 10. I don't know why because it looks much better. My system is middle-of-the-road and it does very well. Here are my specs:

AMD 8350: no overclocking

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

16 gigs of ram

The hard drive for games is not an SSD

Even on my machine it runs acceptably.

I have pretty much everything maxed except AA which is at 4x, and I'm not showing static planes.

This sim far, far outperforms FSX,FSX:SE and X-plane 10. Go figure.

I have all of my controls programed exactly like FSX which is very,very simple on this sim. I was just like you until I tried it. I Can't really fly FSX anymore after this sim but I do have a place in my heart for all of the old Microsoft sims from FS98 on up.

I tried the XP11 demo for a solid week because I have started flying copters and wanted to see what the difference was between XP and P3D.I do have years of RC copter flying, taught to me by a Helicopter CFI, plus a couple of hours in a R 44, so I know a little about it. All in all, I did not think it was worth switching to XP, from the difference I saw in the XP copters, versus the 3 Milviz copters I use in P3D. I just don't care for the look of XP, the scenery seems to have a constant shimmer, looks washed out, and the colors have a pastel look to them. Then factor in no seasons, no good AI, or ATC, or weather, and P3D will be my choice for a long time. And as was previously mentioned, having to learn all new controls, no FSUIPC, or EZ dok, just not worth it.

Archived