Anybody change their FSX main menu music?

dogdish

* What are some good replacements to put you in a flying mood?

...Besides Kenny Loggins Danger Zone from Top Gun

1. Set Recording devices for "What U Hear"

2. Run soundrecorder /file outputfile.wav

3. Play something and hit 'Record'

4. Save to FSX/Sound/UIMusic

5. Select from FSX sound settings 'Music' dropdown list

6. Enjoy!

* Or in some cases, engine sounds you like :)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Got several. I also include in my list a lot of island music because of where I fly mostly but didn't include those. I will sometimes run this through the headphone jack while flying along with ATC.

Fly like an eagle - Steve Miller

Dreams - Van Halen

Time for me to fly - REO Speedwagon

Where eagles fly - Van Halen

Leaving on a jet plane - Peter Paul and Mary

Freebird - Lynrd Skynrd

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the waves

Magic carpet Ride - Steppenwolf

High, High High - Wings

Lucy in the sky with diamonds - Elton or Beatles

St Elmo's Fire - John Parr

Kodachrome - Paul Simon

Higher - Creed

I want to fly away - Lenny Kravitz

High Enough - Damn Yankee's

Hold on Tight - ELO

I'm Alive - ELO

In the air tonight - Phil Collins

Go all the way - The Raspberries

Mitch

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

I definitely use the "Top Gun" Anthem! I would love the theme from Strategic Air Command when flying the Peacemaker.

That song makes me want to go join the Air Force :)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Gotta make a wave file out of this...

I turned mine off when I first installed it. I've walked down many a flight line and heard a lot of things, music wasn't among those things. :rolleyes:

I understand Rupert. Got one for you...

I turned mine off when I first installed it. I've walked down many a flight line and heard a lot of things, music wasn't among those things. :rolleyes:

I did the same thing here. I love the sounds of aircraft, particularly huge radials! :pilot:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

I did the same thing here. I love the sounds of aircraft, particularly huge radials! :pilot:

My interpretation of the OP was the opening music while selecting aircraft, departure, destination, weather, before hitting "Fly Now". Music after that is a bit weird.:rolleyes: That goes for that crazy music file in the Concorde that drove me nutz!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

XetoWare has a YouTube downloader (it's FREE) that will rip the sound off of any video in HighQ MP3.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I don't have the ui-interface sound on. It restarts every time you select a differnetn menu.

I do like some music while flying.

For that I use the following gauge. It's a popup panel with several buttons. When you click a button you hear an announcement. "fasten seatbelts" but also other stuff.

There's about 15 or so buttons.

3 of them are marked "Muzak" and are simple repetitive tunes. Similar to "waiting on th phone" music.

I found the sound files associated with the buttons, and replaced those with tunes. At first I used .wav files. But I believe mp3's can be played as well.

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc.

FS2004/FSX FDSFX New Sounds

[ Download | View ]

Name: new_fa_sounds_fdsfx.zip

Size: 34,459,454 Date: 05-27-2015 Downloads: 1,407

FS2004/FSX FDSFX New Sounds. A set of new sounds for M. Thompson's FDSFX (FDSFXPNL.ZIP). In this archive You will find boarding sounds, crosscheck and immigration announcements, five different safety demonstrations sounds in different languages: Polish, German, French, English and Arabic, Ryanair landing 'jolly music' and modified FDSFX panel textures. By Andrzej Glowacki.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't have the ui-interface sound on. It restarts every time you select a differnetn menu.

I do like some music while flying.

For that I use the following gauge. It's a popup panel with several buttons. When you click a button you hear an announcement. "fasten seatbelts" but also other stuff.

There's about 15 or so buttons.

3 of them are marked "Muzak" and are simple repetitive tunes. Similar to "waiting on th phone" music.

I found the sound files associated with the buttons, and replaced those with tunes. At first I used .wav files. But I believe mp3's can be played as well.

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc.

FS2004/FSX FDSFX New Sounds

[ Download | View ]

Name: new_fa_sounds_fdsfx.zip

Size: 34,459,454 Date: 05-27-2015 Downloads: 1,407

FS2004/FSX FDSFX New Sounds. A set of new sounds for M. Thompson's FDSFX (FDSFXPNL.ZIP). In this archive You will find boarding sounds, crosscheck and immigration announcements, five different safety demonstrations sounds in different languages: Polish, German, French, English and Arabic, Ryanair landing 'jolly music' and modified FDSFX panel textures. By Andrzej Glowacki.

I'm not sure that will work in FSX. I have it in FS2004 though. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

There may be some confusion based on my post.

I never RW heard music while flying choppers. Except on occasion when trying to get a fix off the ADF radio. However I did hear the wonderful sounds of the radial recips. and rotors in the CH34's I flew. Then the sounds of T-58 turboprops & rotors while flying CH46's.

That being said, I'll never forget the sounds of shouted language which I'll not include here. Suffice it to say most comments started with M.F. and ended with with a G.D. Or the other way around. With lots of M.F.s & G.D.s thrown in during these comments as well.

Music on a RW Marine combat flight line? Never. Comments, at least 100%!!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

:) :) :D

If you want to re-live fond memories, I'm sure you could find a source somewhere to create the M.F and G.D. .wav files for your menu sounds.

:) :) :D

If you want to re-live fond memories, I'm sure you could find a source somewhere to create the M.F and G.D. .wav files for your menu sounds.

I never said they were fond memories!:rolleyes: They are the sounds I relate to from RW flying in my shortened career. Which is exactly why I leave those sounds turned off. ;)

With a sim I actually enjoy flying!! And haven't been hit by ground fire yet!!!! :cool::cool: Nor do I play combat games or combat related music. In My Experience, there is only a losing of life game in combat.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived