Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AI only Appears at Close Range

1. Unhappy AI only Appears at Close Range

After I started flying a bit on FSX Steam, I noticed that the AI isn't visible unless you are close to it. On my old FSX, the AI loses the textures at long range, but remain black, remaining visible and easier to avoid. Does everyone have this issue or is it just me? Is there a way to fix it?

The only thing I can vaguely remember about seeing AI at further distance is Small parts rejection= in the [Graphics] section off the FSX.cfg.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

Another trick is to make the planes have much longer contrails. With long trails of condensatio you spot them from miles away.
    Also helps to use the radar gauge. Filename: gauge.zip
    in the flightsim.com file library.

***make the planes have much longer contrails***

How?

5. Default

For longer contrails, see the following file from the Flightsim.com file library:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners
    FS2004/FSX Longer Contrails
    [ Download | View ]

Name: longer_contrails_fsx_fs9.zip
    Size: 280,842 Date: 05-19-2012 Downloads: 2,081

FS2004/FSX Longer Contrails. Makes your contrails in FSX/FS2004 longer and more realistic. Thanks to Jan Rosenberg for teaching us how contrails work in FS! By Jeff Favignano.

6. Default

Actually I think FSX Steam already came with visible contrails because unlike my old FSX, on my first free flight in FSX Steam, I noticed a contrail high above me while I was parked at my home airport. So I guess FSX Steam has contrails. My friend's FSX Steam has a similar issue where the planes only appear close range, but are invisible at long range. I guess this is on everyone's FSX Steam. Seems there is no real solution to this issue, so i guess I'll just have to leave it be.

7. Default

Yes planes already have contrails. In FSX-Disk edition also.
    With this addon you make them much much longer. So they don't disappear a short way behind the plane. It makes planes visible from much further away.
    Last edited by il88pp; 02-08-2017 at 03:08 AM.

8. Default

Useful for high-flying pilots, but I fly piston single props mainly. Oh well guess I'll just have to fly with the AI not very visible at long ranges. However I have another AI problem: All the AI prop airplanes for sound have the engine at idle at all times and they all have the same piston engine sound. AI jets and turboprops have the same issue. I looked at the Soundai folders of the aircraft and they all seem like they should be working. Is there a fix to this AI sound issue?

9. Default Worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy the Pilot View Post
    After I started flying a bit on FSX Steam, I noticed that the AI isn't visible unless you are close to it. On my old FSX, the AI loses the textures at long range, but remain black, remaining visible and easier to avoid. Does everyone have this issue or is it just me? Is there a way to fix it?

http://c-aviation.net/fsx-tweak/smal...-in-fsx-steam/

10. Default

I just read the article in the link and it seems like that will fix my issue. I'll have to try it on my FSX after school.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast