FSX Freeware FMC?

ComputerCraze

Okay, I've been looking at a few FMCs for a while. I want them so I can fly SIDs and STARs that are given to me on VatSim easily. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices:

• HoneywellFMC.zip
    I think this is the most promising. It is a glorified GPS, I know, but it can fly SIDs and STARs (as far as I heard) and it has very easy-to-navigate menus. However, I have two problems with this. One - you have to go to the Flight Planner page in FSX to change the route, and two - I can't seem to be able to fly SIDs or STARs. On the "Departure and Arrival" page, the Departure option is grayed out, and the Arrival option doesn't list any STARs. I also cannot seem to be able to fly the route with VNAV on the FMC turned on for both the CRJ7 and the B737. If anyone knows a fix to this these would be great.
  • vasFMC
    Although it looks like the most complete FMC, it's not really "freeware". You see, it runs an ancient ARIRAC cycle, and the only way to update it is to buy a package from Navigraph. I can also never seem to enter the departure/arrival airport because it keeps saying "DEP. AIRPORT NOT FOUND" even though I'm following the tutorial step-by-step. And when I go into the Sid/Star Maker it tells me I'm missing some random OCX file and it closes. Any fixes for this would be appreciated.
  • easyFMC
    This looks promising too, but I'm skeptical. I did some research on it and it says something about a "activation code" although the website, which seems to be the creator's, clearly states "free download". It also comes as an executable installer, and even though vasFMC also came as an executable, I'm still suspicious. I have a download of MalwareBytes if necessary, however.

Do you guys have any experience with the above? Any fixes to my problems with the FMCs? Or is there another freeware fmc that I overlooked?

• 1 month later...
I'm looking for the same thing. From where did you end up purchasing the Bombardier Q400 and did it come with an FMC that works with SID's and STAR's?

I bought the Q400 from Real Flight Shop, for the sole reason that they had a 15% sale. Even after the sale though, it was about $50.00 including tax. For your second question, yes, it did come with an FMC that works amazingly well. It does get some getting used to though if you've used Airbus or Boeing FMCs before.

Archived