AP Control Lights?

Goatman24

I'm currently using a Desktop Aviator Model 2120 for connecting many switches I use in FSX.

When using them for the auto pilot I usually have to flip a switch two times to activate the master AP. The problem is that it's difficult to tell what AP's are turned on and which are not. I sometimes use my instrument monitor to show a small section of the dash showing the AP controls but I was wondering if there is a way this can be wired up to show a light when the master ap, heading ap, altitude ap and speed ap are turned on.

Mitch

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

Its possible to do this using a LUA script but its not easy. You would need a registered copy of FSUIPC and there is a feeware add-on to this called LINDA which also helps to trace what command the switch is sending.

If you feel brave have a look at the lua tutorial and that will give you some idea of what you are up against.

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

Interesting Stinger, I do have a registered version of FSUIPC and will look into this.

Thanks for your help.

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

Archived