Permanently set VC Windows and Instrument Reflections

tom_3123

Hello,

I enjoy The Alabeo and Carenado AC, however one thing bothers me and that is I have to go in to the windows manager and manually change the VC Windows and Instrument Reflections setting each time I fly the AC. Is there a way to permanently change them? I prefer them off by default. If there is no way to make this change then is there a macro file of some other work around that I could use?

Regards,

Tom

Tom, what sim are you flying; FSX, P3d or X Plane ?

Do you use "graphic tuner" as DXfixer and NVInspector ?

As you, I enjoy and almost only flies Carenado's GA. But, as many simmers, I also like

the glare, reflection and shadow effects we can get in cockpit. We spend so much time

tuning the graphics to have it "as real it can get"...

Dan

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Daniel, Thanks, I am using FSX Boxed with the Accelerator add nothing else.and although some may like the effects I don't, No disrespect to those who do but I find them annoying to look at. At any rate what my original question was can they be turned off permanently so i dont have to go in and set them to my personal tastes...

Thanks again for the reply

357 people looked at this post and I got one reply, so am I to understand then there no fix to setting the VC Windows and Instrument Reflections to off permanently?

Thanks all who took the time to read it...

Tom

I suspect that the reason you didn't really get any traction is that many (if not most) of us prefer the realism aspects of the sim and for me, that includes the cockpit shadows and reflections. Certainly your choice but not something that I would have ever endeavored to turn off.

Perhaps you could create a saved flight or a new default flight with the reflections turned off and simply start there each time. FSX tends to save last aircraft state including panels and window and view positions. It would likely save that reflection state.

Talon is correct. I have at least a dozen saved flights based upon what aircraft or conditions I choose to fly at any given time. Each one is identified with the specific aircraft and other identifying info which I put my personalized settings into earlier.

After starting the sim all you have is click on Load when the screen showing location and aircraft of your default flight comes up. Clicking on Load will provide a listing of all your saved flights.

Select the saved flight for whatever aircraft you choose. That aircraft will then come up with your desired settings & also the location etc. from when you launched that flight from last.

If you don't want to takeoff from the saved flight location or at the saved time or weather. Click on time, world, weather, etc. and set it for that flight before you start the flight. Doing this shouldn't affect your aircraft settings including whether or not you want to see shadows or reflections, use a 2d or 3d cockpit, etc.

I even have flights based upon altitude and distance of the flight. For low and slow "sightseeing" I have the scenery details and traffic set full max. If I'm flying a long high haul in a tubeliner my scenery settings are set to default because at 30K' you can't see a lot of detail anyway. Why risk a OOM error because the CPU is trying to show cars, boats, etc. and give huge scenery detail you can't see at 30K' anyway. ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

There's a solution basically for the Carenado C90 and C210T but should work with all.

You have to make a XML gauge to do "the no-reflection selection" automatically.

(L:InitIR,bool) ! if{

1 (>L:WINDOWSTINTBOOL2,bool)

1 (>L:InitIR,bool) }

Put this code code into a text file, called IR_off.xml

Put the xml file in a new subsfolder to your panel folder, named Controls

In the first Vcockpit section of the panel.cfg file, add

Gaugexx = Controls!IR_Off, 0,0,1,1

to the bottom (adjust xx to the next unused number)

If it can help... this time.

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Thank you for your help. I agree saving a flight with everything off is great except I fly with Air Hauler and it loads its own flight and the saved file would not get used. I will try the xml gauge above... Will this turn off the gauge as well as the window reflection?

Thanks

Tom

Yes it is to remove gauges and glass reflection every time the plane is load.

And there is another tweak possible for a few models.

There's some replacement files (for the panel folder) on the net.

Suggest to check on Avsim.

But with those files, you risk to loose the "tint" in the glasses...

• 3 years later...

Hi Daniel, Thanks for XML file which I have used on my Carenado 208 Grand Caravan EX. however, it has succeeded in turning off the instrument Reflections, but it has not turned off the VC Windows .... I wonder if you have any further info so that I can permanently turn off the VC Window tint ?

cheers, Brian

• 3 months later...