Connecting an old PFC console

jonahbird

I have a single professional flight console, which is about 18 years old and working perfectly with P3D.

I am trialling XP11, having paid for the download version of XP10.

The PFC connection is serial(?) not USB. I have it plugged in via a converter. It shows as COM5, and, as I said, it works with P3D.

So far I am unable to get XP11 to see it. All the settings appear to be correct, and I have set it to COM5. But, nothing!

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
I have a single professional flight console, which is about 18 years old and working perfectly with P3D.

I am trialling XP11, having paid for the download version of XP10.

The PFC connection is serial(?) not USB. I have it plugged in via a converter. It shows as COM5, and, as I said, it works with P3D.

So far I am unable to get XP11 to see it. All the settings appear to be correct, and I have set it to COM5. But, nothing!

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Frank

Frank I have the USB version so not sure if this suggestion will work. For my version I needed the HID plugin which can be downloaded from PFC's website - it simply needs to be copied into the Resources/plugins folder in the main X Plane folder. You will also need XPUIPC (XP version of FSUIPC) which you will find with a Google search. Once those two are in place hopefully everything should automatically be connected. As you have the serial port version the other thing you my need to do is go into the network section of the X Plane options - there are some specific options there for PFC controllers. Beyond that I can only suggest contacting PFC via email.

Cheers

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get it to work? I have the same problem but since XP11 is still in Beta I'm hoping it gets fixed before release. All the older versions of X-Plane have always worked perfect with PFC. Actually easier than P3D that needs FSUIPC. X-Plane has everything built in the interface to work with PFC hardware. No reason why the 11 release version should be different.

• 1 month later...

Archived