Nexgen seems to have vanished !!

XYflight

Its strange days indeed when a non-sim like Nexgen has had its very own forum here on flightsim,com for almost a year, yet an established sim such as AeroflyFS2, which OrbX is now officially supporting, has no such forum here.

BTW. Has anyone else noticed that the Nexgen forums seem to have disappeared from the forum list? https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forum.php

Room for AeroflyFS2?

Never even noticed that they are gone! There was no activity so they either requested to be removed or Nels got tired of them! These guys kind of remind me of that Oregon Pastor a year or so ago that was pre-selling a C-172 him and his flying buddies were making. It was suppose to release in Sept. of 2015.....Never heard from him again!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a slight sign of life over at the Nexgen forum. Terrible way to treat your own forum members though, no official comment for months on end, and then this....

[Note the usual Nexgen tactic of referring to their loyal but weary members as 'the public'.]

"For those needing confirmation, we are still here. Progress is solid, but as Neevin stated, its been determined from our point of view to move back into the public eye only when our 'prototype' (for lack of a better word) is polished and ready to show the community just what we are able to accomplish.

Thanks to everyone who has held the fort here on the forums. I will make a concerted effort to check in from time to time to let you all know we're still alive, lol.

I probably won't be able to give out too much info on what's going on behind the scenes, but if you ask, I'll do my best to answer in some form.

I apologize for the absence and lack of replies but with all of the activity going on in our tech forum and between the parties involved in development, its been extremely busy. I will strive to do better gentlemen".

http://forum.nexgenflightsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155

• 3 months later...
I've never taken offense to be thought of as "the public". Aside from a few contributions to the requested features board, I've had very little (if anything) to do with the game's development. Just having a place to post a wish list is better than anyone got from Microsoft, or is currently getting from Lockheed Martin and Dovetail.

I've never taken offense to be thought of as "the public". Aside from a few contributions to the requested features board, I've had very little (if anything) to do with the game's development. Just having a place to post a wish list is better than anyone got from Microsoft, or is currently getting from Lockheed Martin and Dovetail.

Yah, I had just taken a look over there about a week ago. Seems pretty quiet, which can mean nothing, or everything, depending on if one is of a glass half full, or glass half empty frame of mind.

The chances of Stephen fulfilling his much publicised promise to the community to "create a flight-sim that will surpass every other flight-sim on the market", including P3D, X-Plane, DCS and Aerofly etc, now looks very slim indeed.

YtzBO.png

The chances of Stephen fulfilling his much publicised promise to the community to "create a flight-sim that will surpass every other flight-sim on the market", including P3D, X-Plane, DCS and Aerofly etc, now looks very slim indeed.

YtzBO.png

Ya think?:rolleyes: I'm still waiting on that "Idaho" Pastor to release his wonderful, new C172 his team was releasing in Sept. 2015 and was asking everyone to prepay for.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ya think?:rolleyes: I'm still waiting on that "Idaho" Pastor to release his wonderful, new C172 his team was releasing in Sept. 2015 and was asking everyone to prepay for.

Not sure what the problem is with "Idaho", but despair is a sin. Duke Nukem Forever was announced in April 1997 and finally released on June 10, 2011. There is still hope :)

Close but I don't think FSX was anywhere near the community around Visual Studio.

Were there market groups, in multiple US cities, pre-beta?

Did MS host a week long seminar in Redmond during development of VS?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed that the NGIS website (at nexgenflightsim.com) has been down for about a week; not thats its been at all busy this past year or so...just the opposite.

Likewise the NGIS Facebook page seems to be dead, despite several request from subscribers months ago asking for an update from NGIS.

I do hope that NGIS treat their customers better than this when the fabulous all-singing all-dancing NexGen flightsim is finally released (in five years or so maybe?). Their Public Liaison Manager needs to be fired IMO. ;-)

Keep the faith. The Nexgen flightsim is surely getting closer! Or is it?

XY

Well, the first episode of the original Star Trek series began in 2264; Star Trek Next Generation in 2364, or 100 years later.

Remember, "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet". Jean-Jacques Rousseau :D

Archived