What am I doing wrong {FSX:SE /WOAI}

Jack Frankie

FIXED!!

----------

Thanks

Hey, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.. Direct 10 is disabled and shadows are off. My sliders are also up to 100..

The problem is, in woai Installer it is not showing FSX, so i have been trying to manually install it but it wont work. I placed it in the steamapps\common\FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\WOAI

I also went to AIFP and switch the files to FSX from FS9.

What am I doing wrong?

{Will put pictures if needed!}

Not being sure from your description what the exact problem is, here's a few possible solutions to some common errors that can be made/encountered when manually installing AI.

1. The aircraft models - the folders/files that make up each model must be installed into its own dedicated folder and not simply placed in the main WOAI folder (i.e correct method is ...\Airplanes\WOAI\Model A\I and not ...\Airplanes\WOAI\.

2. Traffic Files - The traffic .bgl files must be placed in an active and correctly formated Scenery folder. The normal suggested default location for traffic files is FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery.

For clarification, what I mean by the 'active' and 'correctly formatted' statements is that the folder used must be:

A. Activated in the FSX scenery library listing

B. Must be in a scenery folder structure format that FSX recognises (i.e. correct method is ...\\Scenery\ and not ...\\.

Regards

Brian

Alright.

What I did..

WOAI:

Downloaded WOAI

Downloaded Packages

Opened WOAI as administrator

Moved WINRAR files into a WOAI package file

clicked: Extract files for Manual installation {THERES NO FSX TAB}

path: OC (C:)\Program Files (86x)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

WOAI AI PACKAGE: SELECTED

Extracts

IT INSTALLS!!

Go to AIFP2:

Files: Convert FS9 Files to FSX

{IT CONVERTS.}

But ERROR:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WOAI\Air Canada\scenery\world\scenery\traffic_000_woa_air canada_su08_fs9.bgl

Airport(s): *MUCC, *MUSC, ANC, ANU, BDA, BGI, BOG, BOS, CCS, CDG, CUN, CZM, DCA, DEN, DFW, DUB, EWR, EZE, FCO, FLL, FRA, GCM, GRU, HAV, HKG, HNL, HOG, ICN, JFK, KIN, KIX, LAS, LAX, LGA, LHR, LIM, MAD, MBJ, MCO, MEX, MIA, MUC, NAS, NRT, OGG, ORD, PAP, PEK, PHL, PHX, PLS, POP, POS, PTP, PUJ, PVG, PVR, RSW, SAN, SCL, SEA, SFO, SJO, SYD, TLV, TPA, UVF, VRA, YDF, YEG, YHZ, YLW, YMM, YOW, YUL, YVR, YWG, YXE, YYC, YYJ, YYT, YYZ, ZIH and ZRH are missing from the decompiled airport list.

This happens to all of my ai planes..

so WHAT DO I DO!?!?!

IMG_4653.JPG

IMG_4651 (952x1024).jpg

Use woai installer.

Run it.

Don't choose manual install.

In vor box Choose 'install for: FSX'.

In lower box choose in location: main fsx steam folder.

Select package(s) to install.

Airplanes will go to airplanes folder.

Trafficplans will go to scenery/world/scenery.

Find trafficplans, convert, make sure fs9 plans no longer in folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two issues here - you have appeared to have installed the complete package (Aircraft Models and traffic files) into the same location thus the traffic files are in the wrong place. Also, the traffic files still appear to be the FS9 version - more of that later.........

You have currently installed the package at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WOAI\Air Canada\scenery\world\scenery\traffic_000_woa_air canada_su08_fs9.bgl

What you should do is:

Aircraft Models - place the models in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WOAI\Air Canada

Traffic Files - place the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery\

SO..............copy the traffic file to the correct location (BUT SEE MY COMMENTS BELOW FIRST) and then delete the scenery\world\scenery\traffic_000_woa_air canada_su08_fs9.bgl folders ONLY from the current location.

WRT the traffic file format itself - The current file name (traffic_000_woa_air canada_su08_fs9.bgl) suggests that the file is either still in fs9 format or, if converted, left using a reference to fs9 (highlighted in red).

When you use AIFP you can tell it to change any fs9 reference, if used because not all traffic files will have such a reference, to FSX when it is converted.

Here are some 'best practice' tips to help you avoid problems and successfully as AI aircraft.............

1. Never extract files directly into the final destination folder(s). Always used a temp or permanant folder as the initial location. I personally have a series of permanent folders that I use to extract different types of packages to (i.e. scenery, AI, Flyable models, etc.). Auto-installers can be pointed to such locations without any problems. Using this method allows you to see what is included, as some AI packages may also included additional files specific to the package,such as sound or effects. They also often contain files, such as readme files, that don't need to be moved into FSX

2. identify what needs to go where and only move those folders/files that are necessary. So in the case of AI stuff, as indicated above. If the AI includes any other files such as sound or effects then these will go into the corresponding default FSX folder.

3. Use the AIFP setting/options page to change how the program works so that when you convert the fs9 traffic file a FSX tag is added. AIFP can be set to do this automatically and can also be set to actually delete the fs9 version once the conversion is completed. You can also change the location where the converted file is saved. My preference is to keep both files (the fs9 purely as a reference file in case of problems). Once converted copy the FSX version to the location indicated above.

Note - you state that you are using AIFP2 - note that version 3 is available

A further note regarding traffic files - a single fs9 formatted file will kill all FSX AI traffic so ensure that only FSX versions are moved.

Whilst not wanting to confuse you anymore, you can store the traffic files in a different location than the one the stated above, even outside of FSX, as long as the folder meets the requirements I stated in the final paragraph in post #6. For example, I store my traffic files (I have loads from WOAI and MAIW plus others) outside of the FSX within a folder dedicated folder structure that meets my needs.

Do as suggested, test and report back.

Regards

Brian

Archived