20FPS with sound turned on. 7FPS with sound turned off!?!?!?

G'day all. Looking for help to fix this problem where if you have the sound turned on (as normal) the lag is pretty terrible, but, if you turn the sound off (using "q") the frame rate will more than double. The 20fps and 7fps is an example of running a 737 at FL130. Frame rate seems to decrease with the more (or more sophisticated) sound (such as turbine/multiple engines). A couple of people have already had this problem including FSEXPLORER and Super 89 (not sure about that username) and have never gotten answers. It does not seem to be a graphics problem. Thanks for your help.

AMD A10-1.8 base 3.2 turbo, 16GB ram, AMD R6 graphics, both FSX and acceleration expansion pack installed today. (happened aswell on other computer a long time ago but I didn't realize what was causing it)

Regards, TheRealBlackIce.

Toshiba L50D-C (casual confirmed) 1366x768x64 Windows 10

AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 1800 Mhz base "3200 Mhz turbo" they said...

Installed physical RAM 16GB

Default sound packages for the aircraft or 3rd party addons? I have found some at 50+ Mb that are real killers! Now the question is.....how much fun is it to fly with higher fps and NO sounds?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

No addons as of yet so all default box FSX sounds. Haha yeah that is the question. (Disregard below, incorrect from previous laptop)

The issue is with sound, not vision. So likely solution is with sound card and drivers, not graphic card.

Onboard sound on a laptop is typically cheap, nasty and co-opts a huge amount of processing time for its own use.

What sound card and or system is in this Toshiba L50D-C? and please be precise, not casual.

I did say in the thread description that it is not a graphics problem. Unless you've got a way to find a model number or something, all I've got for you is "AMD High Definition Audio Device" run through "Realtek High Definition Audio". Drivers from "Advanced micro devices" and of course, Realtek.

I am not sitting in front on the computer I have that I run FSX on, I may be wrong, HOWEVER I know for a fact that in FS9 the sound can be adjusted in the settings area to LOW- MEDIUM - HIGH, and by setting to LOW quality on sound you can get more framerates. Hope it helps, as I say I am not in front of my FSX so I may be off base here.

Try 1368x768 res and see if that helps.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

napamule2 I am currently on 1366x768, not sure where you got 1368 from???

captdennison I did already see if I could find a setting similar to what you have described, unfortunately I have not found such a setting yet. Thanks.

Archived