FSX Steam Problems

jprism

Here are the problems I am having with FSX Steam using the computer system below...

Lenovo Tower

Windows 10 Pro

Intel® Core™ I5-6400 @ 2.70ghz

16gb Ram

500gb SSD

Nvida GeForce GT 730

Dell 25" Monitor @ 1920 x 1080

Thrustmaster Hotas X

1 Add On - A2A 172

Problem 1

Start FSX - choose Free Flight - choose A2A aircraft, airport, weather clear - start flight

Once the 172 appears, if I Esc to change something I get the message "attempt to call a nill value"

On occasion it will return to flight planner, but if I choose again to start flight it crashes FSX

Problem 2

If I begin the above flight and take off at a point (10-30 mins) the sound disappears or the keyboard controls lockup. If I press Pause wait a few seconds and the un-pause everything comes back.

I am just not sure where to start looking for what to do?

Perhaps that '2.7 Ghz' CPU is being taxed, especially if you have the sliders maxed. But we don't have to GUESS. Jordan King has been covering Steam for over a year now. He covers EVERYTHING related to Steam. Configuration, AddOns, Orbx, A2A, PMDG, etc. His videos are very informative. Here are some links to get you started. He has a ton of videos on Steam.

FSX Steam Edition - *My Configuration and Setup*, by Jordan King: (19:26)

Link:

FSX Steam Tutorial, by Jordan King, July 14, 2015, (1:02:36)

Link:

I myself plan to get Steam now that the dust is starting to settle. But I might give it another 6 months and just keep reading up on developments. No use struggling. No rush. FSX Accel works perfect (for me) right now, so why not enjoy it a little bit more while Steam catches up due to FSUIPC, REX, PMDG, Orbx, etc, being reworked to work with Steam. I waited 8 years for Steam to come along so I can wait 1 more year for it to be 'Not Beta' (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Perhaps that '2.7 Ghz' CPU is being taxed, especially if you have the sliders maxed. But we don't have to GUESS. Jordan King has been covering Steam for over a year now. He covers EVERYTHING related to Steam. Configuration, AddOns, Orbx, A2A, PMDG, etc. His videos are very informative. Here are some links to get you started. He has a ton of videos on Steam.

FSX Steam Edition - *My Configuration and Setup*, by Jordan King: (19:26)

Link:

FSX Steam Tutorial, by Jordan King, July 14, 2015, (1:02:36)

Link:

I myself plan to get Steam now that the dust is starting to settle. But I might give it another 6 months and just keep reading up on developments. No use struggling. No rush. FSX Accel works perfect (for me) right now, so why not enjoy it a little bit more while Steam catches up due to FSUIPC, REX, PMDG, Orbx, etc, being reworked to work with Steam. I waited 8 years for Steam to come along so I can wait 1 more year for it to be 'Not Beta' (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

Great info thanks, Jim

Archived