RATS AI Ilyushin IL-76 base model not appearing in sim

ital

Hi flightsim,

Does anyone have RATS AI Ilyushin Il-76 in their AI traffic? I just installed the base model with some liveries and added flight plans but the AI doesn't show up in the sim. I checked the aircraft cfg file, everything seems in order and parking radius are 50.

Thank you,

Good day.

I just downloaded the base model and opened it with AI Aircraft Editor and the radius is 27 not 50.

I didn't download any textures though, so does anything show in the sim, a grey model for example or nothing at all?

Can you post the first few sections of the cfg where you edited the textures eg

[fltsim.0]

title=Ilyushin Il-76TD

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=td

texture=

atc_id=

atc_airline=

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=Ilyushin

ui_type=IL-76

ui_variation=

description=Ilyushin

atc_id_color=0x00000000

atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0

visual_damage=0

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=

Sometimes it can be a simple mistake, also check the % in the flight plans, is your slider set too low, sometimes they set them at 100% but your slider might only be 50%, just another thing to look for.

Yes, exactly like that. Good to know about the radius because it won't load up if the radius was smaller, in my parking spots it's always 50+. The aircraft doesn't show up completely in the sim. No model, nothing.

These are 4 textures I added so far. I removed the default one that came with the model and added these starting from fltsim.0 to 3 and also tried to keep the default one then added the textures in order of fltsim.x ... I don't know if I need to set a specific model= value. There's 6 available, the default one uses td, fltsim2 and 3 below uses td too so I don't know what else to look for. I checked the forums there but found nothing, doesn't seem very active. There might be a mistake and no one ever noticed it. My traffic % is at 100% always and these ones were at 1% for a test.

[fltsim.0]

title=AI Il-76 AZV_UR-ZVA

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=MD2

texture=AZV\UR-ZVA

atc_id=

atc_airline=

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=Ilyushin

ui_type=IL-76

ui_variation=UR-ZVA

description=Ilyushin

atc_id_color=0x00000000

visual_damage=1

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=

[fltsim.1]

title=AI Il-76 AZV_UR-ZVB

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=MD2

texture=AZV\UR-ZVB

atc_id=AVIA

atc_airline=AVIA

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=Ilyushin

ui_type=IL-76

ui_variation=UR-ZVB

description=Ilyushin

atc_id_color=0x00000000

visual_damage=1

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=

[fltsim.2]

title=AI Il-76 AMA_UN76487

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=TD

texture=AMA\UN76487

atc_airline=ADIK

ui_manufacturer=RATS

ui_type=Ilyushin Il-76TD

ui_variation=ATMA-Atyrau Airport & Transport (UN-74487) Paint by: Frank Severino

description=AI Model & Paintkit by RATS/

atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_codes=

atc_parking_types=CARGO,RAMP

[fltsim.3]

title=AI Il-76 AMA_UN76485

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=TD

texture=AMA\UN76485

atc_airline=ADIK

ui_manufacturer=RATS

ui_type=Ilyushin Il-76TD

ui_variation=ATMA-Atyrau Airport & Transport (UN-76485) Paint by: Frank Severino

description=AI Model & Paintkit by RATS/

atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_codes=

atc_parking_types=CARGO,RAMP

The one I downloaded had 3 or 4 models, try changing one by one and see if anything shows.

I had that not long ago with a download the [Fltsim] entries had the wrong model listed, when I changed it the aircraft showed up.

Have the got the program AI Aircraft Editor with that you can view the aircraft without starting the sim?

Had another thought:

In the flight plans it gives a time of departure from certain airports, sometimes when you enter that time in the sim because of the time difference from country to country it may be out a bit.

Ok again I just tried another texture pack with 6 different textures and no results, here's how all of them show in AI Aircraft editor.

I have checked and re-check multiple times each fltsim.x and they all seem correct, so as the flight plans.

Here's direct link of the texture tested, http://unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php/ai-repaints/europe/item/abakan-avia-il-76td

1.jpg

That repaint contains two folders:

texture.ABG-Abakan-Avia -32Bit-

texture.ABG-Abakan-Avia -Dxt3-

Whichever one you choose, once you've copied it into the Traffic Il-76 folder, you MUST delete the -32Bit- or -Dxt3- off the end of the filename including any letterspaces left over.

In the Aircraft.cfg file, you MUST rename each fltsim.X, fltsim.X+1 etc. to fltsim.0, fltsim.1 etc. For example, if you have fifteen different textures for this model, they MUST be numbered in sequence from 0 to 14.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have done that exactly and know it too, by the way the textures I linked are also available here in flightsim, just found it as I'm testing more but seems whatever I use is not appearing in sim.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fsview.php?do=list&fid=193348

update : I have currently 1 texture folder and is the one I linked and I renamed it to "texture.ABG-Abakan-Avia"

In aircraft.cfg, by default model you have this...

[fltsim.X]

title=Ilyushin Il-76TD

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=td

texture=

atc_id=

atc_airline=

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=Ilyushin

ui_type=IL-76

ui_variation=

description=Ilyushin

atc_id_color=0x00000000

visual_damage=0

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=

I removed that (since there's no existing texture folder with the model) and copy pasted the ones from the one I've tried which are...

[fltsim.0]

title=Ilyushin Il-76TD Abakan-Avia RA-76352

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=TD

sound=

texture=ABG-Abakan-Avia\RA-76352

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_airline=ABAKAN-AVIA

editable=0

ui_manufacturer=Traffic

ui_type=Ilyushin Il-76TD

ui_variation=Abakan-Avia RA-76352

visual_damage=1

description=RATS IL-76TD

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=ABG

[fltsim.1]

title=Ilyushin Il-76TD Abakan-Avia RA-76817

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=TD

sound=

texture=ABG-Abakan-Avia\RA-76817

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_airline=ABAKAN-AVIA

editable=0

ui_manufacturer=Traffic

ui_type=Ilyushin Il-76TD

ui_variation=Abakan-Avia RA-76817

visual_damage=1

description=RATS IL-76TD

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=ABG

[fltsim.2]

title=Ilyushin Il-76T Abakan-Avia RA-76457

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=TD

sound=

texture=ABG-Abakan-Avia\RA-76457

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_airline=ABAKAN-AVIA

editable=0

ui_manufacturer=Traffic

ui_type=Ilyushin Il-76T

ui_variation=Abakan-Avia RA-76457

visual_damage=1

description=RATS IL-76TD

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=ABG

[fltsim.3]

title=Ilyushin Il-76TD Abakan-Avia RA-76750

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=TD

sound=

texture=ABG-Abakan-Avia\RA-76750

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_airline=ABAKAN-AVIA

editable=0

ui_manufacturer=Traffic

ui_type=Ilyushin Il-76TD

ui_variation=Abakan-Avia RA-76750

visual_damage=1

description=RATS IL-76TD

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=ABG

[fltsim.4]

title=Ilyushin Il-76T Abakan-Avia RA-76780

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=TD

sound=

texture=ABG-Abakan-Avia\RA-76780

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_airline=ABAKAN-AVIA

editable=0

ui_manufacturer=Traffic

ui_type=Ilyushin Il-76T

ui_variation=Abakan-Avia RA-76780

visual_damage=1

description=RATS IL-76TD

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=ABG

[fltsim.5]

title=Ilyushin Il-76TD Abakan-Avia RA-76799

sim=ai_rats_Il-76

model=TD

sound=

texture=ABG-Abakan-Avia\RA-76799

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_airline=ABAKAN-AVIA

editable=0

ui_manufacturer=Traffic

ui_type=Ilyushin Il-76TD

ui_variation=Abakan-Avia RA-76799

visual_damage=1

description=RATS IL-76TD

atc_heavy=0

atc_parking_types=CARGO

atc_parking_codes=ABG

I have done that exactly and know it too

My apologies, I was just making sure. I've tried 3 different repaints for 2 different RATS models and none of them show up for me either. So I downloaded the Rulexy AI IL-76 model from here: https://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-ai-traffic-aircrafts-48/ai-il-76-10359.html?action=download&hl=10359_TrafficIl-76.zip and added the Mike Pearson repaints to it from here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=122670

Darn thing shows up straight away:

IL-76.PNG

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I tried both ways and still same textures showing up in AI Aircraft editor. And I just found that these 2 textures --> ama_il-76.zip and azv_il-76.zip, available in flightsim library, when you open them then drag them or copy paste to the models folder "Traffic Il-76", their folders doesn't show up but their data is included :confused::confused:. Even if you put them in a temporary folder, the folder shows empty files but the folder size is 6.62MB. So there's really lots of confusion going on with the model itself and these 2 textures pack so far.

I would like to say that there might be a problem with this RATS model as in it is not the right model for the working textures as I have found similarity in the past with a SBAI AI Mig-29 v2, I had textures for that Mig and it was saying it's for the SBAI AI Mig-29 v2 model, so I got the model but the AI won't appear in the sim, so then I saw a video of it and asked the creator of the video how he made it to appear so he sent me the models and they were the exact same ones of the SBAI AI Mig-29 v2 that I previously got, same names, files, etc... except probably different in something else. The .air and aircraft.cfg files seems to be the correct ones from the model I had, however his model that he sent were appearing in the sim. So again maybe this is the problem here because I just tried 3 different textures, each from different airline/cargo and it's the same image I get in AI Aircraft editor so probably not appearing in the sim. I guess itt doesn't seem users have included that model and its textures in their sim much :(

EDIT : good to know tiger1962, but this doesn't look the same model, is it?

No it's the Rulexy AI model. Links to it and the correct textures for it are in my earlier post.

The problem has been solved.

The issue was to add a blank line before [fltsim.0] in the aircraft.cfg file and save it that way. Absolutely no idea why that had effect on the AI not showing up.

Big thanks to freelancer at unitedtrafficteam for figuring it out.

So now if anyone from the past, present and future ever wonder how to install and add repaints to that AI model, make sure to skip a line before [fltsim.0] in the aircraft.cfg file. This applies for both FS2004 and FSX.

So you/Freelancer is saying don't have the [fltsim] at the very top of the cfg and make sure there is a gap first, is that correct.

I've never had a cfg where the [fltsim] has been at the very top so never experienced this problem but I'll bare that in mind whenever I edit cfg's.

How very odd. I have hundreds of ai aircraft and the majority have the fltsim entries at the begining of the aircraft.cfg file, and no gap above [fltsim.0]. This includes the RATS IL-76

They all show up.

Are you sure the answer was not deleting a line of text, rather than adding a blank line?

Try this as a test.....place your cursor to the immediate left of the [fltsim.0] entry. Use backspace to place the entry at the very beginning of the .cfg file. save it and test it.

Yes guys, it is very odd indeed that a blank line before [fltsim.0] in the aircraft.cfg made all of my AI aircrafts repaints show up.

However, I forgot to mention that I still had trouble with other things.

So first, loading some repaints correctly.

The best way to do it, is to add each different individual variation repaints in a single folder separately, meaning if a repaint has several folders from the main repaint folder itself, create a folder and rename it the same name of the repaint or of your choice but without any slashes \ or /, an underscore or a dash can be fine. Now rename the texture= line in the belonging [fltsim.x].

For example, a texture folder named "texture.abc" has 3 more folders inside it, 123, 456 and 789.

Create a folder and rename it to "texture.abc 123" (don't forget to add the repaint bmp of the 123 in that same folder) then repeat the same for the other texture variations.

And don't forget to adjust the texture= line in the [fltsim.x] of each repaint from texture=abc\123 to abc 123, abc 456, etc...

For some reason it's working that way with me, the usual way is not.

Then, I had a CTD when loading to go in-flight. I checked the [fltsim.x] sections again and adjusted each [fltsim.x] "atc_parking_codes=" and "atc_parking_types=" lines. I kept the codes= lines blank and added CARGO,RAMP to the types= lines.

Now all of my 26 repaints are showing up without problem so far. That's how I completely installed everything.

By the way, freelancer had the same problem as me in FSX too, he had 1 or 2 blank lines before [fltsim.0] for the AI to show up, he tested without any blank lines and had the same issue. So adding a blank line before [fltsim.0] is really necessary it seems. As to some other users, they will have to test what works for them. And I don't know why it's working without blank lines for pschlute, right now I just don't want to test more of it anymore now that is working correctly after trying and trying for months.

And just a side note, for some reason blank lines are helpful depending of what we are adding/installing, I just remembered in the sim racing GTR2, a car's textures made the game to CTD on loading, after adding a few blank lines on top of the ".car file" which is similar to like the .cfg file, the car's textures loaded without problems anymore. I guess FS2004 and FSX have that trick too, at least for some users.

I know what you mean about having more than one texture in a folder, I always separate them because I had issues on an aircraft like that so since then I split them.

I've never heard of this blank line issue before though and like many others on here I/we have installed many aircraft and never had to do this, how strange.

Well I came back to add:

A while ago I did repaint of a FAIB B737-400, after a bit of work on it that never showed in the sim, I did all the usual stuff to no avail, I was annoyed but thought there must be something wrong with the model.

Luckily I never deleted it, so a few moments ago I tried this adding a blank line method, low and behold the aircraft was there, so I'm thinking I know in the past I've had issues and just deleted the aircraft thinking it was a dud, but after doing a repaint it is more annoying.

So there is something in this after all, so its thanks to freelancer and ital for finding this out and letting us know.

Also atc_id= and atc_airline= lines could have effect on AI showing up or not, I remember a few years ago having a missing AI from maybe a woai package, I added something for one of the 2 lines or even both lines maybe, tested it and was showing up then. Just something to check too when AI don't show up. It's always a must do test every time adding AI aircrafts, I test mine day and night times for full functional AI and its textures.

Recently I had an Air Canada B787-800 using UTT model, the AI showed up but is invisible, I checked the fltsim.x and everything seems correct so I don't know what's the problem, same thing with a Qatar A340-500 using TFS model, invisible AI. I then just used another repaint for them to be visible. Both repaints can be found here in the library...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=53095620

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=53095593

The model was there, but textures are invisible for both AI, not grey. There is shadows and functional lights on the aircraft. So I guess it's a texture problem.

Testing AI aircrafts full functionality is always better through the sim itself as AI-Aircraft editor won't confirm it will show up in sim like the RATS IL-76 problem. It was showing up in the editor after fixing the textures folders but still not showing up in the sim until the adding of the blank line before fltsim.0

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon

I know this is an old post but I have recently upgraded to FSX and am now having this exact problem. I have followed all details including the extra line before the [fltsim.0] but am still having no success in getting this plane to show.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Archived