TrackHat Clip Plus

kerrycorcoran

• 1 month later...

The Trackhat Clip finally arrived today. I had been in communications with TrackHat regarding the delayed shipment and they stated it typically only takes a 10 days to arrive in the states. I placed my order 28 Dec 2016 and it arrived today, 31 January 2017.

So, in that time I went ahead and purchased TrackIR as I was tired of waiting. I have opened the package to confirm all is good, it works without issue and impressed with the quality [of the 3D printing]. After messing with a little I was able to get tracking to function as it should; fairly straight forward configuration. One thing to note, they require you to download a driver that is no longer free, $2.99. This isn't a big deal, but I think it should have been disclosed ahead of purchase or at a minimum included on a disk.

Given I don't need this unit I plan to sell it here or return it to TrackHat.

Anyone interested?

Not interest for the unitt(as I use TrackIR5 for years),

but, as you have tried both, I would be interest in your impression or comments about the differences.

And I agree that's annoying to have to pay for a driver you need... after you paid the "kit".

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Archived