Envtex

alexzar14

Can someone please explain how does it work together with AS2016? Isn't it a weather engine in its own right? How does it work by itself and together with ASN/AS2016?

Simple, it adds to the total number of selections available AND adds to the dynamic selections available in-sim if you use it with AS.

It's a texture selection, NOT a weather engine.

AS16 decodes the metar. It then sends this info to ASCA which determines which texture sets to use depending on a) the weather and b) the weather types you have checked. The more textures the greater weather variance as you transition from one area to another.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

AS16 decodes the metar. It then sends this info to ASCA which determines which texture sets to use depending on a) the weather and b) the weather types you have checked. The more textures the greater weather variance as you transition from one area to another.

Vic

Well, only IF you have selected the correct option in the Envtex menu

Well, only IF you have selected the correct option in the Envtex menu

That is quite true!

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

No it does not and more and more people are switching to ASCA. There arew quite a few who initially ignored the original textures but haven't checked the new offerings in ASCA. Coupled with Envtex I much prefer it over REX. Especially in the dynamic settings.

Vic

P3D Rig

Most feedbacks are not in favor of ASSA, people still prefer REX. And with REX Envtex does not work, correct?

No, but it does not offer dynamic texture replacement anyway, so either your understanding of ASCA is not correct, your knowledge of REX incomplete, or both.

However, Envtex does replace some of the textures installed by REX if desired, so still adds to the total number of alternatives on offer.

The next generation of REX will be the competitor to the current ASCA

Envtex does NOT currently offer dynamic texture replacement

REX changes more textures than Envtex, currently

For further guidance, please ask specific questions. Your misunderstanding of the basic parameters of each is clouding your judgment. And `most feedbacks` is neither quantifiable, nor verifiable. HOw many? where? links? Like Vic I do not recognize that statement.

No it does not and more and more people are switching to ASCA. There arew quite a few who initially ignored the original textures but haven't checked the new offerings in ASCA. Coupled with Envtex I much prefer it over REX. Especially in the dynamic settings.

Vic

Thanks Vic. I already got Envtex but haven't tried it, one thing I don't like is that it doesn't let me select clouds or water textures only (separately), have to install everything there is. I will get ASCA and move with the crowd if that's the way it is, you're good at explaining stuff.

Thanks Vic. I already got Envtex but haven't tried it, one thing I don't like is that it doesn't let me select clouds or water textures only (separately), have to install everything there is. I will get ASCA and move with the crowd if that's the way it is, you're good at explaining stuff.

Baloney. You have the options the same as for ASCA and REX. We should not have to keep correcting these bog-basic errors: It's P3D, not FSX .

Baloney. You have the options the same as for ASCA and REX. We should not have to keep correcting these bog-basic errors: It's P3D, not FSX .

I was talking about Envtex, not ASCA. For now Envtex is not usable for me, it installs 90% then installation process freezes. I'm yet to worry about Envtex but now enjoying it with ASCA which has triggered an interest in leisure GA flying which otherwise I believed was boring. I had to invest $400 into Orbx scenery (around Washington and near Canada) and GA aircraft but now at last GA is an experience that delivers fun! (scenery settings can be maxed out unlike airliners flying). I also did a flight with PMDG NGX and ASCA, I've not yet developed an opinion of ASCA+airliner flying, but for GA flying it is awesome.

c5252.jpg

Archived