Sale of Freeware products

shunti

After searching Ebay there seems to be a user that is selling aircraft that seem to be available as freeware on all of the freeware sites flightsim,avsim ect. If these are freeware then he is ripping of all the people that have put there hard work into producing these models is this not the same as piracy. the user is therefurbprinterco here is a link to just one of his listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flight-Simulator-X-FSX-Addon-Airbus-A300B4-600ST-Beluga-Aircraft-/112232818472?hash=item1a2198e728:g:2x4AAOSwJ7RYTEGP if I am wrong and the seller has the rights I apologise.

You should "buy" your Duke back from this jerkoff and then become the "customer from hell" for about 6 months :)

"the lights don't work!"

"How do I program a SID/STAR?"

"WTF, direct-to nukes my flight plan?!"

"How do I integrate the GTN 750?"

"Where's the paint kit?!"

"How do I install it in P3D?"

"ITT isn't modeled correctly, will there be a fix for this?"

"Cylinder head temperature is running 10° less than it should be!"

"Fuel burn at altitude is off by 1/2 GPM!"

"When can I expect a service pack? I paid good money for this and I want this stuff fixed!"

...couple complaints a day should do the trick, just check the Carenado forum over at Avsim if you ever run out of ammo, make this guy's life a living hell, he'll probably be more than happy to "get out of payware", lol.

So what should we do; send the Bay a Message, or the Seller?

Of course, I'm not a fan of Piracy and stuff like that, but is there a way to Verify that indeed this is the case?

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

If you have an Ebay account you can send him a question.

Do not be surprised if the answer is something like "I am not selling the plane, just the media it is delivered on (CD) and the self installer".

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

If you have an Ebay account you can send him a question.

Do not be surprised if the answer is something like "I am not selling the plane, just the media it is delivered on (CD) and the self installer".

peace,

the Bean

If I had an Ebay account, I'd be more inclined to leave a review stating that these aircraft are available as freeware. Anyone paying money needs to have their head examined!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You want 'proof'? HELLO! It's obvious to even a 9 yr old what is going on for crying out loud. I am a member at EBay and have posted a 'Question' (ie: relevant information about this idiot) in Community Forum. He should be gone by tomorrow (it's Sunday today).

Good work Shunti. What were you shopping for on EBay? FSX Gold Edition? (hehe - so was I).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Since I couldn't tell you the difference between a 'Thomas Ruth' Airbus and a 'Baby Ruth' Airbus, that's why I asked the question in the 1st place...

I'm not going to blindly send someone a PM accusing them of Piracy, Copyright Infringement or unethical Sales practices unless I know I have my facts correct.

If you feel confident about it, then knock yourself out.

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

He PM'ed me. He has stopped selling the T. Ruth airbus. Not sure about the other models. There is a 'Report' icon on the list page which will alert EBay. Did not know (missed it) and will try it later tonight. He was 'offended' by my accusing him of stealing. He said: 'I was informed the files were not Open Source..' (which he figured he could not sell if they were) but could sell 'Freeware'. Ha! Must be some dumb 12 yr old trying to make money but not knowing squat about what 'Freeware' is or intellectual property.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

"Freeware" has no restrictions and can be resold or redistributed at will.

Euhhh...

Obviously you are not a "freeware" flightsim designer, otherwise you would have posted a more nuanced statement.

Just read how the term "freeware" is defined here at flightsim.com.

Or at many other respectable flightsim sites, where they make a clear distinction if "freeware" is uploaded with or without "distribution limitations"

Or at Wikipedia:

""

Freeware is proprietary software that is available for use at no monetary cost. In other words, freeware may be used without payment but may usually not be modified, re-distributed or reverse-engineered without the author's permission

""

Regards, Rob

Straight from a readme of one of Mr. Ruth's aircraft...

"COPYRIGHTS AND OTHER STUFF:

INSTALLATION ON YOUR OWN RISK! I GUARATNEE FOR NOTHING!!

THIS ONE IS FREEWARE. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO INSTALL IT, MODIFIE OR

REPAINT IT FOR YOUR OWN USE OR RELEASE REPAINTS AS FREEWARE.

COMERCIAL USE IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN WHICH MEANS THAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED

TO TAKE ANY KIND OF FINANCIAL OR OTHER PROFIT BY USING THIS PACKAGE OR

PARTS OF IT OR MODIFICATIONS OF THE FILES OR PARTS OF IT.

EXCEPTIONS FROM THIS NEED A WRITTEN AND PERSONALLY SIGNED PERMISSION

BY MY OWN HAND.

VIOLATIONS OF THIS WILL BE PROSECUTED."

Seems pretty clear to me. I did the same thing with my freeware.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Just saw this on ebay.

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

Details about *

Flight Simulator X FSX Addon - Airbus A300B4-600ST Beluga Aircraft See original listing

Item condition:

New

Ended:

11 Dec, 2016 19:04:07 GMT

Price:

£3.49

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

WOW!! From his

Flight Simulator X FSX Addon Bundle - Historic & Vintage Aircraft [20+ ADD ONS]

This add-on bundle includes the below:

B-17G FUDDY DUDDY

Note this aircraft originally was made by Gary Herbert due to the fact that his plane was originally ment to cfs and then revamped for fs9 and now fsx the plane does have one quirk although all works as it should in fsx the screen that comes up after your choose your aircraft is not right it will black out at times this has no bearing on how it works once it is loaded in fsx so enjoy your flight.*

WW2 FIGHTER SPITEFUL MK XVI

The Supermarine Spiteful was a direct development of the Spitfire using a new laminar flow wing . Spiteful RB518, was modified to Mark 16 configuration and fitted with a Griffon 101 engine . During a test in 1947 this aircraft attained 494 m.p.h. at 27,500ft. RB518 goes up to 430 knots as the real aircraft did.

JUNKERS JU 52

FSX Junkers Ju 52. A Junkers Ju52 which has been refurbished and can be found in the South African Airways Museum. The call sign is ZS-AFA and the aircraft is known as "Tante Ju".

FOKKER DR1 TRIPLANE 'THE RED BARON'

FSX Fokker Dr1 Triplane "The Red Baron". On April 21, 1918 at 10:45 am, Manfred von Richthofen ("The Red Baron") was killed by a single .303 calibre bullet through the heart. This is a representation of the Fokker Dr1 triplane he flew that day, the last in the triology of triplanes, and thus, was born a legend.

AI AIRCRAFT--ACG HISTORIC AI PACK 1

AI Aircraft--ACG Historic AI Pack 1, comprising: Spitfires Mk1a, Vb, XIX, T2, Hurricanes x 2, Lancaster and C-47/Dakota x 3, all in FSX native code. Files included to set up 5 aircraft of The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight in ACG's RAF Coningsby scenery. Includes paint kits for all aircraft. By John Young, Airfield Construction Group.

T-6G TEXAN

T-6G Texan "Civilian Restoration". As a trainer the North American T-6 Texan could punish as quickly as it rewarded yet once a pilot qualified in a Texan, they could qualify in any aircraft. Built with FSDS 3.5 and fsdstweak, using the FSX Acceleration SDK 3D model by Warwick Carter and David Eckert.

ME 262B-U1 NIGHTFIGHTER

Nightfighter. World War II saw the introduction of jet aircraft, and one of the most prominent jets of the conflict was the "Messerschmitt Me-262", a twin-jet fighter of advanced design.From 1944 appeared the "Me-262B-1a/U1" night fighter, with radar gear, plus armament of two MK-108 30 mm cannon and two MG-151 20 mm cannon.

FORD TRI-MOTOR

Ford Tri-Motor converted from the FS2004 default TriMotor. Includes many new updates along with better flight dynamics. Also includes twelve new repaints.

DOUGLAS C-47 SKYTRAIN EXTERIOR BASE PACK

Douglas C-47 Skytrain Exterior Base Pack 1.0. Two original C47 Skytrain exterior models using the flight dynamics and VC of the default FSX DC-3.

BOEING 314 CLIPPER

FSX Boeing 314 Clipper. Boeing's Clipper redone for FSX. This is an original Mike Stone airframe redone by D. L. Tarbox. Textures were changed and panel was redone also, although there is no vc. Complete aircraft included.

HORTEN HO-229

Horten Ho-229 v3. The Horten Ho-229 was a World War II prototype flying wing fighter/bomber. Designed by Reimar and Walter Horten and powered by two Jumo 004B turbojets it was built to carry a 1000 kg load for 1000 km at 1000 km/h. This is an updated version with skins and visual model from Kazunori Ito's FS2004 Ho229ab version and flight model from Jay McDaniel/Scott Gentile's CFS3 ho_229v5 version.

HEINKEL HE-51

The Heinkel He51 was a German single-seat biplane which was produced in a number of different versions. It was initially developed as a fighter, and a seaplane variant and a ground-attack version were also developed. It was a development of the earlier He 49. Includes full animations, 3D gauges and baked textures.

P 40B AVC FLYING TIGERS 3RD SQUADRON HELL'S ANGELS

Included are some historical pictures and history of the AVC aircraft this is a complete aircraft ... Modified and Created By RSDG Rooks Silva Design Group This is a first attempt at a aircraft with this new FSX so please be kind

VOUGHT V4U-7

Alpha Bleu Ciel French Chance Vought F4U-7 Corsair package. Includes three repaints by Mark Rooks, Marines VMF-312, VMA-312, US Navy Black Sheep.

HAWKER HURRICANE IID

Hawker Hurricane IId "The Tin Opener". Features a complex model with fully animated parts, detailed and animated pilot figure, removable cowlings and panels, Merlin XX engine and interior fuselage details, visual effects that include crash landings, complex virtual cockpit with clickable controls, custom gauges, and engine damage modeling.

B-24 AND B-26 BOMBERS

The Consolidated B24 Liberator is an update of the Alphasim model. The Douglas B26 Invader is an original model. Composed by Wayne Farrell.

HANDLEY-PAGE HALIFAX

Handley-Page Halifax WW2 bomber. "Friday the 13th" was a Halifax III of 158 Squadron, Lisset, Yorkshire, No. 4 Group. It completed 128 operational sorties - more than any other of the 6176 Halifaxes built. After the war, Friday the 13th was put on public display on Oxford Street, London. Original model by Alphasim. Upgraded to FSX with new panel, gauges, .air file by A.F. Scrub.

DORNIER DO-X

The Dornier Do X was the largest, heaviest and most powerful flying boat in the world when it was produced by the Dornier company in 1929. The aircraft was conceived by Dr. Claudius Dornier and took seven years to design and another two years to build. In the design process, a one-to-one wooden mock-up, the first in aviation history, was built. This is the Gmax Dornier DO-X base package. Includes 2D panel, 3D panel, sounds and polished aluminium textures (without paint scheme).

DEHAVILLAND SILVER COMET

FSX DeHavilland Silver Comet. A repaint of the stock DeHavilland Comet for Flight Simulator FSX in a high luster shine. This effect achieved with the use of a modified alpha channel and light bending process formula 14. This technique created and used by Rooks Silva Design Group (RSDG).

USMC GRUMMAN JRF-1A VMS-3 1939

This a repaint of the default Grumman G-21 as a US Marines JRF-1A assigned to VMS-3, St. Thomas USVI. This aircraft is at it would have looked in the colorful prewar era circa 1939. Compiled as a whole aircraft as it was necessary to modify some textures for the virtual panel to have a more authentic feeling cockpit with gauges from the default DC-3 as well as some newly manufactured.

BEECHCRAFT D18S

Beechcraft D18S "Touch O' Texas", registration N412K. This is an FSX adoptation of the FS2004 D18S passenger plane by Milton Shupe, presented in the livery of "Touch O' Texas" Twin Beech with registration N412K, which is now a part of the Flight of the Phoenix Aviation Museum, Inc. and serves as essential business transportation for Dean Lumber Company.

PLEASE NOTE:*Not all of these addons are new plane models - some are simply new skins for existing planes.*

Once you receive the disk in the post, simply follow the readme instructions in each file. To install these add-ons it takes two seconds. All you need to do is drag & drop one folder to your Flight Simulator X 'Airplanes' directory! (Full instructions & file paths can be found in the readme file!)

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Bob, it is not just the PAD Learjet 60 that he is selling, there are also other PAD aircraft included in some of the bundles he's selling, have a look at all the items he's selling, included in the "Flight Simulator X FSX Addon Bundle - Turboprop & Turbine Aircraft [20+ ADD ONS]" are alot of PAD models.

I just wanted to get the message out there, about this guy I have been simming for about 15 years and have been grateful of the freeware available at no cost, so I was just trying to put thing straight for all the programers that have helped me in my hobby. Wasn't really looking for anything just browsing.

You want 'proof'? HELLO! It's obvious to even a 9 yr old what is going on for crying out loud. I am a member at EBay and have posted a 'Question' (ie: relevant information about this idiot) in Community Forum. He should be gone by tomorrow (it's Sunday today).

Good work Shunti. What were you shopping for on EBay? FSX Gold Edition? (hehe - so was I).

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived