Port Alice to Port Hardy

azzaro

A short flight across northern Vancouver Island with nice early morning colours.

As you can tell by the direction of the spray there were substantial crosswinds. — Bob

Tofino (1).jpg

Tofino (2).jpg

Tofino (3).jpg

Tofino (4).jpg

Tofino (5).jpg

Tofino (6).jpg

Tofino (7).jpg

Tofino (8).jpg

Tofino (9).jpg

Tofino (10).jpg

Tofino (11).jpg

Tofino (12).jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Great shots Bob!:cool::cool: Molly and I spent almost two weeks in Vancouver at the Pan Pacific Hotel in September. We had a 20 something floor window view of sea planes coming and going in almost every kind of weather.

Those folks IMHO really earn their pay!! ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

This from our last visit to Vancouver. From our hotel room window just after sunup.

Sadly, I don't find this water airstrip in FSX??!! As busy as it is, I can't imagine it would have been missed!\

Michael

sea plane.jpg

I took off From Vancouver International and tried to find that water landing spot In Vancouver again. There's way too much water landing traffic for it to have closed!! It's pretty early in the morning and there is some mist. But I'm sure, if it's there, I'll spot it!

First I looked to the West:

Vancouver To West.jpg

Then I looked towards the East:

Vancouver to East.jpg

Dern it! It's just not there! Glad I'm in the Honda Jet. I can land at Vancouver International again!! Well just cross over the cross over the park and come back to the airport. I'll have to try the Beaver another day.

Vancouver Bridge.jpg

Dern it! It's just not there! Glad I'm in the Honda Jet. I can land at Vancouver International again!! Well just cross over the cross over the park and come back to the airport. I'll have to try the Beaver another day.

We keep painting threshold lines on the water for you, but they just seem to get soggy and sink?

And don't even get me started on the REIL lights! :mad: — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Archived