Blue Sky Scenery Thoughts or Suggestions???

1. Yes, photoreal scereny takes away the autogen. Unless you use yet another product to add autogen back in, but these are sparse and to my best knowledge mostly payware.

2. No, photoreal scenery usually does not have seasons. They are just geo referenced photographs compiled from the various online sources - and these generally only make &provide summer (or at least good weather) pictures.

It's not bad for freeware. But they haven't added any large areas in years. But again, it's free, so you get what you "pay for".
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I am happy to contradict Mr. Zippy! Blue Sky scenery works just fine at low level, and is incredibly detailed.

Indeed, on the website it says: "Best enjoyed in low and slow operation."

Jorgen

Depends on what you call "Low". Get too low and everything becomes a pancake! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I recently found out about Blue Sky Scenery which looks just fantastic! Love the photoreal scenery. BUT, it looks like the scenery takes away the 3D trees, and 3D Buildings. Any thoughts or suggestions or pros and cons of Blue Sky Scenery?:confused:

Like Mr Zippy said, fly high! Otherwise you'll see scenery that looks like this:

Molly in Bourton.jpg

Photoreal scenery is doubtless in the correct position. But damned short!! Molly is only 6' tall not 50',:cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Tiled scenery is soooo 90's :)

When done right, photoreal can be so immersive. There are a lot of developers out there with PR. As mentioned default 3D autogen is lost with PR unless added back in. A search can reveal some good PR add-ons with agn, night lighting and seasons.

How anyone can be critical is beyond me. Gotfried did all this work and doesn't charge a cent for it save for a voluntary donation if you enjoy it. I think is scenery is great and wish that he updated his Hawaii scenery.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

• 3 weeks later...
Ok guys thx for the suggestions! I don't think I'll get BlueSky Scenery, and plus I'm rebooting my computer here shortly, which I'm sure might delete my old FSX, and I'm gonna try getting FSX Steam before Jan. 2, before the 60% FSX Steam sale ends, which during the sale FSX Steam only costs $10. (Im not getting any steam addon's for my FSX Steam).

Bluesky is one of my favourite sceneries when I fly in the US. Most of my flying is done in Europe though and I have lots of photoreal scenery and airports covering this area.

Another of my favourite freebies is the stuff ORBX give away. I won't use ORBX for the UK as I have plenty of photoscenery and airports for this area, but its pretty good for the States and particularly Australia.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Archived