Need Help Getting Video Running and Stable

Hi, I have a new setup and I'm having trouble getting my video/monitors working nicely with GS-FSX on a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 64bit. I have 2 video cards: an MSI GeForce GTX-950, running 3 24" Acer monitors for my front displays, and an HDMI 5" monitor for my GPS. I also have an MSI GeForce 710 running a 15" screen for my instruments (Air Manager, independent of MS-FSX). My 3-24" screens are set up as one screen using nVidia Surround Mode.

Working in Windowed-mode, I can expand the main view across the 3 monitors, and open and undock the GPS panel and drag it down to my GPS screen. If I try to change the main view from Virtual Cockpit to Cockpit, something happens where my cursor flashes between a circle and an arrow, perhaps there's a issue with my driver? I want to undock the main view so I can position it on top of the GPS window to hide the border, but I get this flickering.

If I switch to Full Screen mode, I get one view spanned across my center monitor, my 15" instrument monitor and the 5" GPS monitor. The two front side monitors go blank. I've seen where full screen mode just doesn't work, is it worth pursuing? I want to go border-less if possible.

I've tried running DirectX10 Preview, but my undocked windows go black when I move them around. I have the DX Fixer, but haven't had a lot of luck setting it up.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot my problems? Especially the flickering cursor. Is there a definitive checklist/tweak guide most recommended?

thanks, Dave

Intel Core i5 6600K 3.9GHz | MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4 25600 | MSI GeForce GTX-950 2GB | MSI GeForce 710 |Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD | EVGA 500 Ba 100-0500-KR 80+ Bronze 500W | Windows 10 Home | FSX Gold With Acceleration

Archived