I must have lost my mind, have made this change before, but all seems lost...

KCD

I have a model that I like a great deal. It's a great flyer, although the Aircraft.cfg must have been created in error. You see, this aircraft properly flys with a constant speed prop, which means both throttle and M.P. controls. The cfg had a "1" for prop type which I promptly changed to"0", but that change seems to have had no effect. I know the same change can be made in the "AIR" file, but I was under the opinion that the "cfg" file ruled supreme. Can someone provide the steps necessary to convert a model set up for a fixed prop to constant speed, so that it flies properly, please? Thanks.

Hi Klee! What aircraft are you referring to? Does it have the proper prop lever(s) to adjust the prop RPM? Does adjusting the lever(s) change the RPM at all?

I was just doing an aircraft.cfg comparison between the fixed prop C-172 and the Baron58 and checking all of the 1's and 0's in the feathering sections. Big differences between the 2 aircraft [propeller] sections.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Zippy... the plane is an HTAI Cessna 207 (used in the north land quite a bit by 2nd rate air carriers, although it's a great old workhorse. I'll pm you the engine and prop sections if you would like.

Hi Zippy... the plane is an HTAI Cessna 207 (used in the north land quite a bit by 2nd rate air carriers, although it's a great old workhorse. I'll pm you the engine and prop sections if you would like.

Sure, why not?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Klee,

If you get that 207 flying, I'd sure like to see some Screenies of her. Over at the Backcountry Pilot Forum, there are some old timers there that have a real affinity for the "Sled"... :pilot:

Old Sleds

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived