Help needed: Super sluggish performance in XP11 demo

noahweber

Hello, All.

Been a longtime FSX/P3D guy but was eager to try out the demo of the new 64-bit platform. I have a rig that is powerful enough to smoothly run P3D with high settings and a lot of intensive add-ons so I expected to see really good performance in XP11. Unfortunately, even though the sim is telling me I'm getting high 20's-low 30's FPS, I am getting unflyable amounts of stutters. Even when adjusting the graphics settings I cannot get the sim to feel "smooth" at ALL. Any ideas what might be going on? I am wondering if there might be some tweaks I need to apply to nVidia Profile Inspector but I don't know which ones. Frames are not being capped and V-Sync is OFF.

Also, is it possible to undock parts of the panel in XP11 like the PFD/ND/EICAS/etc. I use a multi-monitor setup so being able to drag those instruments onto my second screen is a big deal for me.

Thanks for any ideas you all might have.

-Noah

http://s6.postimg.org/a9i0d43tt/Capture.jpg

Hi Noah. Your rig's got similar bits in it to mine, and I get reasonable frames. However, reasonable to me is also in the 20-30 range. You can see a table of results from my system on another thread, you can compare your FPS to that.

Also, remember that LP says the finalize version may solve some low FPS issues.

David

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Hi Noah. Your rig's got similar bits in it to mine, and I get reasonable frames. However, reasonable to me is also in the 20-30 range. You can see a table of results from my system on another thread, you can compare your FPS to that.

Also, remember that LP says the finalize version may solve some low FPS issues.

David

Thanks for your response. It looks like turning "Threading Optimization" to OFF in the nVidia control panel may have solved my problem.

http://s6.postimg.org/a9i0d43tt/Capture.jpg

Archived