Laptop Password Locked Out

peugeot309style

Hi,

Got a lenovo 20404. Usual problems, forgotten password.

I've got tools on USB thumb drive but for some reason the lenovo 20404 ignores the USB stick and wont boot into it.

USB is enabled on the BIOS and I have given it top billing in the Boot list.

Pressing F12 on start up also confirms its place in history.

But the lenovo 20404 just keeps ignoring the drive and goes back to Windows PW log in screen.

Its Windows 8, folks.

Help is much appreciated as a new laptop presently seems the only order of the day.

Thanks in advance

Some systems won't recognise data on a USB stick which is smaller than 32gb. I've just bought a 2TB USB stick for £20 on fleabay, delivered in 2 days, you might not need one as large as that but they're dirt cheap these days.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 3 months later...

To use GPT disks in WIndows, the bios needs to be set to UEFI booting.

The reason your usb didn't boot is, you let the pc use the default boot order.

Yes, usb was at the top of the list. But when using that list itself, the bios/pc uses the default options. In this case BIOS was set to UEFI.

Going down the boot devices list, it tried booting the USB as UEFI, failed, then tried other drives, and then the Windows disk. Win had UEFI boot support in this case.

During boot, you can press F12 to manually select a disk to boot from.

When you do that you see both options. Even is UEFI mode is selected in BIOS.

You would see:

USB-KINGSTON (UEFI)

USB-KINGSTON (Legacy)

SATA WD (UEFI)

SATA WD (LEGACY)

etc.

So no swtiching the BIOS mode was needed. Just select drive manually.

---

If your disks were originally set up and formatted as GPT disks you may want to switch back the mode to UEFI now that it's fixed. (Fixing may be more complex then just switching the mode back. I'm not sure how Windows reacts to the mode being switched to Legacy if it was a GPT disk originally.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I am so sorry, i am not sure about your answer, the Uukeys that i have tried last month, it doesn't work on my Windows 8, i'm disappointed about that

https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/lenovo-laptop-password-reset.html

Recently, i set up Super Admin Account on my Lenovo laptop , we can login the Super Admin Account on login page , click "My computer" then select " Manage" , and click on "Users and Local Groups" , the last step click "Set Password". we can reset the account username and login password of the locked account ,

Archived