South Bimini part deux.

annber

MYBS has undergone an airport and runway expansion, so I have had to undergo an "expansion" on my version as well, which I though was finished. Had to reposition vegetation, expand runway, and is still a WIP. All photoreal of the Biminis is done, including Cat Cay. It seems that a Cruise company has invested heavily in South Bimini and even created a man made island south of Cat Cay to develop into a resort area, which is included in the photoscenery. There is a part of South Bimini that I have not updated due to satellite imagery, and that is the new cruise terminal on the north west part of the island.

Here is a short video of landing in Cat Cay. Please excuse the quality since it was done with iphone on computer screen.

southbimini.jpg

southbimini4.jpg

southbimini9.jpg

southbimini7.jpg

southbimini10.jpg

Hi Bernardo,

I looked up MYBS on the AOPA Airports Directory - there are no procedures - therefore no plates or diagrams - it has all the pertinent data in text form and a link to an aerial view in Google Maps... Sorry - probably nothing you already don't have...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Hi Bernardo,

I looked up MYBS on the AOPA Airports Directory - there are no procedures - therefore no plates or diagrams - it has all the pertinent data in text form and a link to an aerial view in Google Maps... Sorry - probably nothing you already don't have...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott. I had that as well, and the aerial view is still an old version of it. What puzzles me is that any info you look up regarding MYBS still shows the old runway lenght and still shows runways 9/27 instead of 10/28.

I am watching any youtube video I can find so that i can do the taxiways and runway the best I can with my limited know how.

• 2 months later...
Hey, Thanks!!

airport diagram would be great, layout, dimensions, that kind of thing. BTW, perhaps you can take some pictures of the terminal at Freeport, that's next on my list after I finish populating Nassau.

Bernardo.

Great job as always Bernardo! I always look forward to seeing your work!

BTW: I just noticed your "location" listing and it brought back some hugely fuzzy memories of Venice in the late 60's. I think they involved something we put in a Hookah! Or maybe something we rolled? Probably both!!;);)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Great job as always Bernardo! I always look forward to seeing your work!

BTW: I just noticed your "location" listing and it brought back some hugely fuzzy memories of Venice in the late 60's. I think they involved something we put in a Hookah! Or maybe something we rolled? Probably both!!;);)

LOL Michael, indeed fuzzy memories. I must say that Venice is hugely different now, very little remains of the vibe that was felt even a few years ago. Still, one of my favorite places besides San Francisco.

Archived