Thread: Article: X-Plane 11 Public Beta Available

Blog Entries

Default Article: X-Plane 11 Public Beta Available

Looks like it's quite a resource hog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLwucNTDrmg

Quote Originally Posted by Spielberg View Post
    Looks like it's quite a resource hog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLwucNTDrmg
    It's still in beta. X-Plane 10 was no different.

I don't think it is a resource hog. It plays wonderfully on my 6 year old Intel machine. IMHO, it is the best flight simulator on the market right now. Try it and I will wager that you will like it a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin18 View Post
    I don't think it is a resource hog. It plays wonderfully on my 6 year old Intel machine. IMHO, it is the best flight simulator on the market right now. Try it and I will wager that you will like it a bunch.
    I agree. XP11 marks the point where X-Plane out of the box overtakes FSX, its gazillion of add-ons included.

X-Plane 11; tried the beta and it runs well on my specs; i5 3470 / GTX980 / 8Gb ram. Incredible "haze" that mimics weather, at least around here in the UK. Really great default 737 and Cessna 172. Superb lighting. Now waiting patiently for the beta to end and buy The product. Truly the benchmark for sims of the future and a true 64 bit system!

I have to agree, this is the X-Plane that finally surpasses FSX with all of its add-ons. I've always found issues with previous versions of X-Plane that made me stay away, but I have to say this one is a must have flight sim. I've been flying the beta, and to be honest, the beta is pretty impressive. I'll have to rethink my FSX mindset, but it should be an easy transition.

Clouds are bad. ATC is awful. Everything else is great IMO.

This exemplifies the next generation of flight sim- It runs great on my pc with all the sliders max'd out with the exception of AA, which sits at the half-way mark. The detail, textures, and lighting that are demonstrated are like nothing else available! The X-Plane team has done a great job on this. I feel bad that I sank about $1000 or so into my FSX environment and now have to look at this as the future but I think its worth it. The best thing about all of the flight sim platforms is all of us- the supporters, contributors, and pilots in our virtual world...

It's a shame that both commercial and independent developers continue to invest so heavily in MSFS development virtually ignoring the fact that the apparent immediate future of flight simming rests now with XP. I've been an FS pilot since the earliest days having only converted to X-Plane within the past month. Like so many here and out in the ether, I have purchased significant numbers of software and hardware addons which are now relegated to the ever-growing component scrap heap. On that point, I could take large caliber shots at several companies, but I will just turn the shovel on the grave and move on. Now, I have spent fair bucks on a modern rig with Flightmaster HOTAS controls in the hope that the folks with the brains and background take a deeper look at XP and offer us more options to enhance our experience.