hOW TO GET COMBAT FLT SIM PACIFIC TO ALLOW MORE THAN ONE JOYSTICK

KLKRINER

I have built a full size cockpit of an F6F for a museum and running MSCFS2 Pacific. I have made many functions operable through the sim program but I need to go beyond what the program allows. I want to use four Desktop Aviator boards (on/off; pulse; rotary inputs). The Desktop Aviator boards are USB and are seen as a joystick. When installed Windows sees all four boards and button functions in the calibrate section but MSCFS2 Pacific only sees one board. I use the 2095 board that has rotary outputs and a group of switch inputs( I built my own control column to F6 specs) and it is seen by MSCFS2 Pacific and allows assignments but the other boards are not recognized. Consequently I am using switch assignments only on the 2095 board and using a ON OFF ON switches to generate a "pulse " for sim functions that on/off with same input. Now the big question does anyone out there know how to get MSCBFS 2 Pacific to "see" the other Boards so I can use all my USB Desk Top Boards. There is a statement in MSCBFS 2 Pacific read me file that says it only allows one control column (joystick). Also when I use these same boards with FSX it sees all four and they are assignable. I would use FSX but FSX has no combat scenarios and I want the Pacific Combat theater since that is the focus of this simulator at the museum.

Can anyone help me with this problem.

Ken Kriner

k.l.kriner@att.net

Perhaps this is an instance where the Payware version of FSUIPC might be applicable. If you're not familiar, FSUIPC allows more intricate Controller programming, and the ability to assign Functions independent of the FS Button/Function setup.

However, read through the Documentation thoroughly to Download the Version that will work with CFS2... the newer versions for FS9 and FSX won't work with the older Programs. Also, you'll need to get the Payware version; the Free version won't give you all of the Features.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Hope this helps!

Alan

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hi Ken, I'm a PC dummy and can't help with your technical questions, but I had MSCFS2 Pacific about 17 years ago and loved it to bits, but later switched to the IL-2 flight sim because the graphics and everything else are more polished and it's going strong at the Mission 4 Today forum-

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=forumspro

IL-2 covers every plane in WW2 including the Hellcat, so if you run into serious trouble with MCFS2 Pacific you might like to consider switching to IL-2?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ken, I'm a PC dummy and can't help with your technical questions, but I had MSCFS2 Pacific about 17 years ago and loved it to bits, but later switched to the IL-2 flight sim because the graphics and everything else are more polished and it's going strong at the Mission 4 Today forum-

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=forumspro

IL-2 covers every plane in WW2 including the Hellcat, so if you run into serious trouble with MCFS2 Pacific you might like to consider switching to IL-2?

I've tried that link at least twice since you posted it. I get a not available error. It says they'll be back shortly. :o

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived