FSX Project Airbus A320/1

jordanfee

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have got the PA A320cfm version working fine in FSX however the IAE version does not work is there a fix for this, it does not show?

Also the A321 sharklet models do not work in FSX, is there a way to get them working?

Jordan

Couldn't find the paint at AVSIM. Never mind! Found it!

These 4 textures are for the CFM56 model only. Not for the IAE model. you will need to find more textures for the IAE.

sim=pa321-cfm56 this states the model.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

For instance, I install the A320 IAE model and add this texture from avsim aee_a320sl.zip

The model does not show at all in FSX.

Jordan

Close scrutiny of the file description will give the answer to why it won't show!

File Description:

Aegean Airlines A320-232 with sharklets,this is the first A320SL for the Greek Airline.Real aircraft, repaint for the Project Airbus A320 Sharklet Model. Model not included! You need Sharklet modeled A321 Basepack pa321_basepack_fs9_2014-09-08.zip. Repaint made for FS2004 (but tested in FSX and it works).

Sorry to keep raining on your parade! Things need to be in proper order for appearances to be made in the Select Aircraft page.

I cant use the pa321_basepack_fs9_2014-09-08.zip file as its an A321 basepack and the texture is an A320.

Just trying to explain why it's not showing for you. That was the product description for aee_a320sl.zip from AVSIM. Adding it to your a320 basepack and changing some of the wording in the .cfg may not make it work.

I think the advice in post# 7 by maybe5454 would probably give you what you want in one download. It should contain the different models and textures.

Be wary of FS9 aircraft downloads that might alias a panel that you may not have in your Sim. That will keep it from showing. These mix and match PA airbus and texture downloads have a tendency to screw things up royally.

I think the advice in post# 7 by maybe5454 would probably give you what you want in one download. It should contain the different models and textures.

I use FSX + SP1 and 2 box normally but I also have the FSX_SE and the installer from Rickoooo did it on both both at the same time and they both work fine. No too shabby.

Cheers,

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Just to add I had the same problem - why does my PA A321 sharklets model not show up in FSX despite being for FS9 but said to also work in FSX?

The answer lay in mrzippy's comment four up from here - the problem was the panel cfg aliasing the FS9 default 737-400 panel when it should, of course, alias the FSX default A321 panel.

• Thanks 1