Removing all bridges and buildings in FSX

Tatoon

I'm using Flight Simulator X ship mods. When using old 17th century sail ships the default scenery from Flight Simulator feels anachronistic. Is there a way to easily remove all the bridges in the world? Removing tall buildings would also help.

Hi Tat,

Short answer, I don't believe so without removing more than intended. There are separate scenery files for all sections of the globe and the info for displaying scenery items, such as bridges, is contained in a specific file for that area. These individual files could be disabled. The info on how to identify the specific file is contained in the SDK. I'd have to re-familiarize myself with the process to be of more help but if you'd like to try disabling some specific scenery you might post a request for help disabling the bridges for a specific area. Someone more familiar with the process could easily point you in the right direction.

Jim F.

Use Airport Facilitator X of Flight 1 and scan the object area. It will show at least the default files generating default objects, excepted those placed by autogen.

Based on the file names shown by AFX you might try to delete - after having backuped all files please - the whole object files (probably something like OBX.......BGL in FSX). Proceeding this way will of course delete more than just bridges. But if you want to get a world without these objects, so you certainly should delete everything what belongs to modern era anyway.

I removed f.e. this way all default airports in Golden Wings 3 (FS9) by deleting all AB9xxxxx.BGL and AP9xxxxx.BGL files.

Archived