Newbie to Flight Sim: Looking for FS Software, Hardware & 3D Panel for Metroliner

BobAir99

Hi, Folks,

I'm currently flying freight for a Part 135 operator and am about to upgrade to the Metroliner III. I'm working on learning my flows with the company's paper documents and "paper tiger" cockpit charts. But I wonder if there is flight sim software with a realistic 3D cockpit for the Metroliner III that would make my learning process better? I'm thinking of something like:

I'm looking for hardware and software recommendations. I currently have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13 Inch, Late 2013) with 2.6 GHz Intel i5 and 8 GB RAM. But I'd rather not run the flight sim on my MacBook. I'm prepared to buy a used Windows machine if I knew the specs I should get (I'd use the Windows machine solely for the flight sim.) I'm not interested in scenery or approaches or yokes, etc. -- that may come later. Right now, I am looking for a realistic 3D cockpit for the Metroliner III. The closest candidate I've found with some looking is the Razbam SA27-BC Metroliner for FSX.

I don't have a lot of time to tinker with the setup, either. The simpler solution, the better.

If this post would attract better replies on a different forum, please feel free to re-post it (but let me know where you posted it).

Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations,

Bob

Archived