Step by Step tutorial

claw106

Hi, it might be a big ask. But I got my self the pilot edition of the Q400, and i'm pumped to try it out. I tried following ehaviator's tutorial, and although that helped me a lot, i'm still dumbfounded as to landings, etc. If someone could give me a step by step tutorial (doesn't have to include cold and dark, etc.) then please do so.

This is the flightplan:

f738590553ac21abd874c536620d4aa5.png

Thank you so much.

What aspect of 'Landings' are you 'dumbfounded' about?

It looks as if your Flight Plan is pretty straightforward...

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I'm unsure as to what you are wanting as well. If you use the default ATC, after loading your flight plan, you will be told when to descend and to what height, what courses to steer etc. right down to the runway. Speed is the only function you need to calculate yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's revolving around the FMS really, ILS landings in this specific aircraft, ect are my issues.

I plot the flightplan into FMS, and then before I put in my destination ICAO I go to the arrival section of the FPL, and plot in the runways I want, etc. Then I put in the Destination ICAO and delete all No-Links, then take-off and put on the NAV on AP. It'll fly to my destination no problem, and I usually will do VFR so that ATC doesn't bother me with headings, etc. It's just landing on ILS that I'm having troubles with.

Should I be doing IFR?

My guess is you need to figure out how to switch between LNAV and VLOC. Your main flightplan under FMS control will be LNAV (GPS) but when you want to utilize the ILS you need VLOC (NAV radio) to be driving the autopilot, is there a button above the PFD where you can switch between FMS and VLOC or NAV or something like that?

Archived