Hovering over Big Bear City airport- L35 and vicinity

omega7

Guys, I must confess when it comes to flying helicopters they are not my preference neither I'm an expertise, although they are such amazing sophisticate machines I rather stick to my props and sometimes jests.

She took me quite a bit of time to learn how to get her off the ground and to control her, once I was up in the air all I wanted to do was to manage to have my shots of Big Bear City airport and surroundings,....the landing?.. who cares nobody will noticed when and where I was going to crash her!!

This is an incredible add-on with maxim of scenery detail that I wanted to capture at the lowest speed possible and that's is when the idea of the chopper popped up!.

Big Bear City airport is a large GA airport located at the Big Bear City in San Bernardino County of Southern California and to the West of Los Angeles situated at 6,752 ft of altitude providing a real challenge on take-off and landings to pilots.

Hope you'll enjoy the shots!

Regards

Gonzalo

heli1.jpg

heli1a.jpg

heli1b.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gonzalo,

Thanks for all the old Big Bear memories! I fired up the Maule and shot a few touch and goes all around the area. I can relate to your chopper issues with FSX! I've never found a sim chopper here that responds in a manner I would expect.

I remember one year in the 60's my next door neighbors in Santa Ana commented they had never seen snow & would like to take their children some place to see it as well. But they couldn't take off as they both worked retail! Perhaps they'd do it another year.

I conned a couple of buddies to go with me and we took our pickups up to Big Bear on Christmas Eve. We brought back pickup truck loads of snow and dumped it on my neighbor's front yard after all their lights were out. So on Christmas morning the whole family went out and played in the snow in Santa Ana without ever leaving home!! No one ever admitted who was involved in that operation. It must have been Santa!

That was probably the most rewarding Christmas gift I can ever remember! ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Michael, love your Christmas story, great act of love and friendship just perfect for the occasion:) I'm glad that my post and shots brought back those moments.

Thank you for your comments my friend:D

Gonzalo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived