Turboprop trouble

ilovenxstage

I have download several turboprops from premier aircraft desighn off of this site, and several of them I cant start. I got the Mitsubishi, the CASA 295, and few other. When I set everything and hit the start button for each engine, or hit control-E), the engine will spool up, but will not ignite. I find no other button or switches in cockpit, and I use the condition levers properly. Am I doing something wrong with these planes or do they have problem? a few other PAD turboprop that I have, such as twin otter, do228, etc. all start and fly fine. Any help with this (and my lousy English, lol) would be good.

Are you starting from a default or saved flight? If from a saved, try hitting ctrl+shft+F4 either before you hit the start button, or at least as they are spooling up. Also check for a fuel valve you may need to turn on, although the ctl+shft+F4 should take care of that.

If you are starting from a default plane or flight, I am not certain what the problem might be, but I strongly suspect the key combo will get you going. You might also check, if starting from a saved flight, to see if you have any magneto switches that you need to turn on before you switch planes. Same for fuel pump switches.

Just a few thoughts. Hope they help...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Like Pat says, it's all in the fuel valves and how you have your cold and dark "default" flight set up. You should use a simple aircraft like the 172 or Baron58 set with the mixture set to full rich, avionics switch on and everything else shut off.

CASA C-295M.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Make sure you have your Avionics switch on when you save off your default flight. Not the battery, but the Avionics. Otherwise, when you switch over to the plane you want to fly that day, the avionics may not be on, or you may not be able to energize the Avionics Bus.

Just wanted to mention that, as you said "with everything off". Make that "everything off" except the Avionics switch :)

I try to look for fuel valve I may have missed

Even if you can't find a fuel valve or anything like that, ensure that when you set up the "cold-n-dark" default flight that you make sure the mixture is full rich. Hit CTRL+SHFT+F4 a few times, just to be safe. Then, ensuring the Avionics switch is ON and the Battery OFF, and only then, save off the default flight and plane, say the default C172 for example, weather you want, time of day, and so on. It will all be there and waiting for you the next time you load up.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived