G2D.dll and fe.dll CTD.

AirbusRulez

So recently I've been trying to do the KSEA-KJFK route with the CLS 767-300ER, 3 times. 1-2 hours into the flight I get this CTD:

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208

Faulting module name: G2D.DLL, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a88e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000987bf

Faulting process id: 0x18a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d22a53683e1e44

Faulting application path: C:\Microsoft Games\fs9.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Microsoft Games\MODULES\G2D.DLL

Report Id: 05eafe6b-965b-11e6-96dd-3cd92b5f0a97

Right before the CTD I was switching from spot view to Virtual cockpit, an while the VC was loading, the textures from it were still gray , & that's when FS9 froze. This happened during sunrise, and the first time when I was taxiing at night, with g2d.dll

What can be the issue?

A corrupted version of G2D.dll?

Have you tried Googling a place to find either an updated version, or at least a new copy of it?

That would be my first step...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

1-2 hours into the flight I get this CTD:

This happened during sunrise, and the first time when I was taxiing at night, with g2d.dll

This could be a missing texture issue, the crash report is just showing that g2d.dll was active at the time of the crash. There are 2 possible causes, a scenery texture (because the crash happened 1-2 hours into the flight) or an aircraft texture (because it happened at sunrise and at night).

The aircraft texture may be a missing lightmap such as wing_l.bmp, compare the number of files in your airline's texture folder from those from another airline texture folder for the CLS 767. If there's one less in yours, copy the one from the other airline into yours.

If there isn't one missing, it's likely to be a scenery texture that's missing. De-activate any add-on sceneries in the area where the crash happened and see if it happens again at dawn or night. If you find the scenery that's causing it, check for any updates to it or re-download and install it again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived