Very few AI traffic in airports

NimbleCat

Recently the scenery.cfg in my FSX somehow went blank, but I had a backup so I easily fixed it. However, I noticed that after I fixed the scenery.cfg, not much AI planes show up, and I have my AI traffic in max settings. Do I have to redownload the AI traffic packages? Or is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Recently the scenery.cfg in my FSX somehow went blank, but I had a backup so I easily fixed it. However, I noticed that after I fixed the scenery.cfg, not much AI planes show up, and I have my AI traffic in max settings. Do I have to redownload the AI traffic packages? Or is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

I would find out why it went blank, and what else was impacted.

..........I noticed that after I fixed the scenery.cfg, not much AI planes show up, and I have my AI traffic in max settings............

A missing or corrupted scenery.cfg file is highly unlikely to mess up your actual AI as AI flight plans are stored in a .bgl file format AND, if you use the standard default practice, are stored in a different location than the scenery.cfg. Whilst you would see AI disappear when you have a scenery.cfg problem it is only because the actual location(s) of the stored traffic .blg files are referenced in the .cfg file. Replacing the corrupted file with a backup should have resolved the problem.

I would check to see what traffic files you have in the FSX\Scenery/World/Scenery folder - this the default location so if you place them elsewhere check both locations. I would also check the format of any you find as a single FS9 (FS2004) formatted file will kill all other FSX traffic files. If unsure as to what format they are in, use AIFP to check/validate them and then re-compile them.

Regards

Brian

A missing or corrupted scenery.cfg file is highly unlikely to mess up your actual AI as AI flight plans are stored in a .bgl file format AND, if you use the standard default practice, are stored in a different location than the scenery.cfg. Whilst you would see AI disappear when you have a scenery.cfg problem it is only because the actual location(s) of the stored traffic .blg files are referenced in the .cfg file. Replacing the corrupted file with a backup should have resolved the problem.

I would check to see what traffic files you have in the FSX\Scenery/World/Scenery folder - this the default location so if you place them elsewhere check both locations. I would also check the format of any you find as a single FS9 (FS2004) formatted file will kill all other FSX traffic files. If unsure as to what format they are in, use AIFP to check/validate them and then re-compile them.

Okay

Well, I have about 33 WoAI files and 4 AIFP files. I will try to recompile them though.

Archived