Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Very few AI traffic in airports

  1. Default Very few AI traffic in airports

    Recently the scenery.cfg in my FSX somehow went blank, but I had a backup so I easily fixed it. However, I noticed that after I fixed the scenery.cfg, not much AI planes show up, and I have my AI traffic in max settings. Do I have to redownload the AI traffic packages? Or is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NimbleCat View Post
    Recently the scenery.cfg in my FSX somehow went blank, but I had a backup so I easily fixed it. However, I noticed that after I fixed the scenery.cfg, not much AI planes show up, and I have my AI traffic in max settings. Do I have to redownload the AI traffic packages? Or is there any way to fix this? Thanks.
    I would find out why it went blank, and what else was impacted.

  3. Default

    Is anyone going to reply?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NimbleCat View Post
    Is anyone going to reply?
    Not without additional info. You mention AI traffic packages but completely fail to mention which one.

    So yes, you do have to reinstall everything.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    Not without additional info. You mention AI traffic packages but completely fail to mention which one.

    So yes, you do have to reinstall everything.
    Well, I use WoAI and some AIFP-generated flight plans.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pontefract, West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NimbleCat View Post
    ..........I noticed that after I fixed the scenery.cfg, not much AI planes show up, and I have my AI traffic in max settings............
    A missing or corrupted scenery.cfg file is highly unlikely to mess up your actual AI as AI flight plans are stored in a .bgl file format AND, if you use the standard default practice, are stored in a different location than the scenery.cfg. Whilst you would see AI disappear when you have a scenery.cfg problem it is only because the actual location(s) of the stored traffic .blg files are referenced in the .cfg file. Replacing the corrupted file with a backup should have resolved the problem.

    I would check to see what traffic files you have in the FSX\Scenery/World/Scenery folder - this the default location so if you place them elsewhere check both locations. I would also check the format of any you find as a single FS9 (FS2004) formatted file will kill all other FSX traffic files. If unsure as to what format they are in, use AIFP to check/validate them and then re-compile them.
    Last edited by longbreak754; 10-21-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Amended content (in bold) to better express what i meant
    Regards

    Brian

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longbreak754 View Post
    A missing or corrupted scenery.cfg file is highly unlikely to mess up your actual AI as AI flight plans are stored in a .bgl file format AND, if you use the standard default practice, are stored in a different location than the scenery.cfg. Whilst you would see AI disappear when you have a scenery.cfg problem it is only because the actual location(s) of the stored traffic .blg files are referenced in the .cfg file. Replacing the corrupted file with a backup should have resolved the problem.

    I would check to see what traffic files you have in the FSX\Scenery/World/Scenery folder - this the default location so if you place them elsewhere check both locations. I would also check the format of any you find as a single FS9 (FS2004) formatted file will kill all other FSX traffic files. If unsure as to what format they are in, use AIFP to check/validate them and then re-compile them.
    Okay

    Well, I have about 33 WoAI files and 4 AIFP files. I will try to recompile them though.

Similar Threads

  1. Very Very Very Very Old American Airlines Plane
    By aharon in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 10:07 AM
  2. A very very very very very very... very special announcment!
    By thindog in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:52 AM
  3. A very , very, very good sim formation flight video
    By ladamson in forum The Outer Marker
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 04:22 PM
  4. Very very very quick!
    By LeoC1 in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 12:12 PM
  5. very,very,very stupid but serious question
    By joffie in forum The Outer Marker
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2002, 09:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •