I could use a bit help with scenery config /scenery library in fsx

Apollo212

hi

I'm afraid I made a mistake when using scenery config editor ,I did something and all the files got a friendly prefix name now hardly any files are showing in the scenery Library in FSX, I realise I should not have used the scenery confeditor but a bit late now ,.I have tried numerous things to try and resolve this ,but I think the problem is its been saved on stesm cloud so it just downloads the same rubbish file ,the strange thing is steam validates the files .can anyone please help or have any sugestions at I really don't know what to do I have clocked over 300 hours in FSX and never had a problem.

Kind regards

Apollo

Are they still showing in sceneryconfigeditor?

If so, did you use "Normalise Local Paths"? (I don't see 'freindly paths' anywhere).

Maybe use "Extend Paths" to fix it.

Do you still have a backup of the file scenery.cfg?

Show a screenshot of what the scenery library looks like now in fsx.

And one of what you see in sceneryconfigeditor.

When load fsx at one of your addon airports, is it still the addon, or is it now default?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for reply actually I'm not good at posting screen shots ,I have now uninstalled sceneryconfigeditor ,I cant get to an airport fsx wont load that far no backup I'm afraid I can tell you that in the scenery library when FSX is loaded most of the files are missing ,the files were still showing in sceneryconfig editor the last time I loaded it but don't have it on now seeing as it caused me so much trouble ,is there a way to get the library files in FX back to there default state I could kick myself because I had everything working including FreemeshX I know I'm a pain but I wasn't sure what I was doing anyway lol

ps I did try extend paths no joy.

Regards

Apollo

To my knowledge Steam does not save any of your FSX files "in the cloud", everything should be on your computer.

Try this...

Go to...

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

...or...

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE

...if you have a side by side install of FSX Boxed and FSX Steam.

That folder may be hidden. If so, go into Folder Options in the Control Panel and check "Show hidden files, folders and drives" on the View tab.

When you get there, move the scenery.cfg from there to your Desktop and try starting the sim.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi thanks for your reply I had some sort of result managed to fly at least although some scenery was missing ,and there is now nothing in scenery Library in fsx,but the game did run .and didn't before I just need to fix the library and I think we cracked it.

Hi After a bit of testing things are not good nothing seems to be loading in the right order no sceneray to speak of ,no water etc etc . I really don't know where to go next with this its driving me up the wall lol Is it not possible just to rebuild scenery library I don't know a lot about it .I tried re-downloading and would have thought that would have sorted it but I'm told its on the steam cloud and I need to delete 2 of the versions that are there and download the original but I haven't got a clue .

kind regards

Apollo

I really like the sceneryconfig editor but 3 time it has completely lost all my scenery and have had to rebuild from scratch but I still use it.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Hi Its me again lol Hers where I'm at I have installed my Freemesh files ,and I am getting scenery config errors surprise surprise !!!! but the game is working ,I don't know if Freemesh is working or not . I just have these config file errors,i did try with sceneryconfigeditor I changed the path and it seemed ok after doing another red triangles appeared and it said this is not a unique path ,not a clue what that means anyway at this point I backed out without saving ,and came here hoping for a bit of direction lol

Can anyone please help me again I know I'm a pain bt still learning .

I cant put up screen shots I don't know how would be esier if I did.

Kind regards

Apollo

No, it's because you have a folder (freemshX africa for example) that is activated in the library twice.

(Same path)

Both time it is in the list it has has red mark next to it.

Delete one from the list, and the other will have the red mark removed.

Looks like this.

(did this on purpose to show you.)

Duplicate means Double.

Not Unique (path and name).

Duplicate.JPG

----

OK

OK.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I understand what you say about doble entry etc but that's not what I have now its like this

Enabled Priority Scenery area Path

1 FreemeshX - Patches ...\...\...\...\FreemeshX \ FreemeshX - Patches

That sort of thing for all entries for FreemeshX

And how do I sort out the scenery library I haven't moved anything in there I just loaded FreemeshX files one at a time I'm ready to give up, steam validates all the files ,the game is working just the errors when I start the game can you explain how to upload screen shots please I could then show you whats happening I find scenerconfigeditor a bit aggressive one mistake and your fecked lol

I have removed all freemesh files from library and have lost all errors but its no good me adding freemeshX again as I will just get the same errors Stuck at this point do you think it could be where the freemeshX files are located ie they are on the same drive should I move them somewhere else or not I must seem really thick but I think its me having messed up the library when I get the error starting with \...\....\....\....\ how would I fix that I think I am adding freemesh right but if you remember it says something like area 121 scenery cant be found I don't know where to go I might just knock it on the head and buy somemore gex areas might be less hassle

You had duplicates. You removed one from the lib. The other instance of fox in the library is still there I think.

So all ok.

I don't know why you didn't see it twice in the lib. You should have used sce. At least to take a look. You would have clearly seen the duplicates all marked in red.

I explained the missing area in the other thread. Using two links.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I now have a clean library it shows clear in sceneryconfig editor at least, shall I add freemesh again with the files in the same location on my HDD or will I just get same errors?

Use did use sce and there was nothing red .And nothing red now and no FreemeshX lol

Right just added again and msg says they are not in local scenery library!

scenery.CFG file error local scenery directory no red in sce

You HAD duplicates. Not any more.

You say you "removved FMX" from lib.

But it was in there twice. What you really did was remove one of the two.

Somehow you can't find the other instance of FMX in the library. Don't know why, but pretty sure it's there.

Which means if you add it again, it will be in there twice again, and of course you will get the duplicates error again.

If you hHAD uised sce to take a look BEFORE removing, you would have found the duplicate. THen they would have been marked in red.

If you add FMX again now, you will see the duplicate marked in red. May be the best way of finding it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes but when it was added before and I had errors sce was not bringing up anything in red so I cant remove anything unless I just remove freemeshX enteries and see if sce detects them again what do you think actually you must be fed up with me I would like to sort the peoblem out but again don't really know which way to go .I have not had a duplicate mared in red recently.

At the moment I don't have feemesh in the Library and sce is normal later I will had them again what do I do then because its going to give me errors when I load Fsx do I go into sce and remove the freemesh files or what lol

You said you had duplicates. You didn't want o use sce.

The duplicates means fmx was in there twice.

You then said you removed one of the fmx entry's.

So now fox is in there once. And you get no error.

So what's the problem then.

Weird you can't find fmx in the list. Look closer maybe. I'm sure it's there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]