"Chalk's" Mallard over the Florida keys to Marathon (FSX)

peer01

From Watson Island (Miami Seaplane Base X44 in Downtown Miami) over the Florida Keys to Marathon. Milton's freeware Grumman Mallard is a fantastic bird!

FSX Acceleration

Freeware ORBX Miami Seaplane Base X44 (you can use it in combination with FSX default scenery)

Freeware Florida Keys Marathon airport scenery by F.A. Gonzalez

Freeware Miami City demo Drzewiecki Design

Freeware Grumman Mallard (FSX Port Over)

Freeware HDE-V2 Clouds

(click on the pics to enlarge)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

More in the reply*****

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That landing was surprisingly smooth! :) I fully expected more of a 'Chalks on a blackboard' moment. :p

Still, it's typical that you make a runway landing with the one plane designed for your usual water ones! :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, an excellent job with the whole thing. :cool: — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Thanks very much for the kind comments Jim, Larry, Bernardo, Adam and JanKees, much appreciated! :):)

Adam, thanks for inviting me to Sloppy Joe's. Can you please also pay my bill from yesterday? I was kicked out because I forgot my money. Yes? Thanks my friend! It's a huge bill btw. Had an important business lunch. See you!

Sloppy Joe 2.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jan, very nice scenery! I must get it as KMTH is a favorite (I soloed there in 1961). I have a couple of hundred landings there; when I flew in and out of Marathon, there were no airport services of any consequence, just an FBO at the east end, no lights, no landing aids, just a 5000' macadam strip. Flying in there at night with no lights on the field and no landing light was a trick, but if you knew the trick it was very doable... did it many times with nary an issue.

Two thumbs up on this one Jan. I to love to fly the keys. It looks like they got some rain and wind from the Hurricane Matthew. As of 12:45pm I am getting wind and some rain not too bad, BUT at 5:00pm Look out it will be very bad.

Dan

As a P-51 pilot said :pilot: "She Climbs Like A Home Sick Angel":pilot:

No I do not have an account at Sloppy Joe's, was only there once... Adam took me, he paid. I lived in Marathon and rarely ever went to Key West, although we used to fly down there occasionally for dinner close to the airport. Marathon in the early 60's was a whole lot different than it was the last time I was there (about 20 years ago). It had grown up, come of age and real airplanes fly in there then' pt was not the wild and woolly place that I lived in.

Great post Jan! Beautiful bird she is .... my Uncle flew the military variant, the HU-16 for many years doing Air Sea Rescue. A much more glamorous aircraft than the Cessna 172 I flew in real life in the Keys many moons ago. Greets ! Mike
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived