Help with new PC Equipment for FSX. The BEST!

Hello friends,

I'm not an expert into equipment regarding best choice for PC hardware. I'm looking for a really good setup to run FSX on three 24" screens. So I have read a lot regarding 1 or 2 video cards, SLI etc..

My question is following. Do you think below computer will be OK to run 3 monitors with good resault on FSX with a lot of add-on, and still preform very good. Thanks in advance!

https://www.dustinhome.se/product/5010968096/tortuga-gtx-1080

Know it is in Swedish but you can see specification on this page..

Thanks!

Regarding FSX you can ignore SLI, that sim cannot benefit from this tech. Quite the contrary in my experience.

The system that you have linked is a very good PC for FSX, they don't come much better.

Will it be able to always "perform very good with a lot of addons"? No. No computer in existence can do that. You will have to find the right balance between addons, details, resolution and performance yourself, there is no "fire and forget" solution. Be prepared that it will still be necessary to tweak and fiddle with the sim until you get optimal performance - and that this will take time (several weeks).

The i7 at 4 Ghz is good; you dont need more than 8Gb of Ram to run Fsx... Only use max 4Gb of your system.

Only needs one Graphic card, Fsx is one core processor dependant.

Best Os for Fsx is Windows 7.

Use one ssd for Windows and a 1tb mechanical Hard disc in exclusive for the simulator and addons.

Save money in components and buy a lot of software for the simulator (pmdg planes, asn, Rex, scenerys...)

Also is a good idea buy the saitek hardware and some pedals...

Archived