Three monitors with FSX

ebenezermc

If this isn't the correct forum, please advise...

I am interested in having three monitors... I currently have a 21 inch Samsung TV... and I want to add two more..

The left monitor would show looking out the left side of the aircraft and the right monitor the right side... and the middle... well you get the idea...

I'm not sure if I would like this to be honest, but to me it would seem more realistic ???

Is this possible thru FSX and if it is then I need to figure out how to wire the monitors... USB or whatever!

Charles

HP H8 1360T, I7-3770, CPU 3.40GHZ, 8 GB RAM, 64bit OS, AMD Radeon HD7570 :pilot:

Hi,

Yes it's possible. It's just a matter if running FSX in windowed mode, creating to new view windows and dragging them over to your new monitors. A couple of things to think about....how to connect them to your PC and you need to consider frame rate performance if you are using just one PC because it will affect that.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

It's just a matter if running FSX in windowed mode, creating to new view windows and dragging them over to your new monitors

You don't need windowed mode to do this but yes, three views will kill performance. Best option (what most people do) is to use an nvidia graphics card that supports '2D surround'. Then you just connect your three screens to the card, run the wizard and you can run your single view over three screens.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

When you say single view on three monitors.... I want the left view on the left monitor (TV) and front view on front monitor and right view on right monitor...

Yes, but as I said your computer is unlikely to be able to do that with acceptable performance. What most people do is run a single view with a sufficiently wide field of view (typically 90-100 degrees) that you can see the sides too. Combined with a head-tracker this gives a good compromise.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I do have HD TV on my But I think you need to use the PC Input (Drops FPS) "no de HDMI to run 2 or more monitors, be nice if you can have 3 monitor on a single view and open 3 windows views and place the3 windows on different monitors as (Left & Right) and the middle one you active window (front view) you can do on a single big monitor but it's not the same.

Three monitors are great, you will love it! Wrap them round your eye-point at nominally the same distance.

Alternatively you could go for an over-head projector and use the screen for instruments.

I have tried many techniques and finally settled on TripleHead2Go (digital) though it seems that Nvidia's Surround would be the way to go. "Windowed" mode is fraught with set-up problems.

You can see further comments on my web-site at:

http://compilation.pagesperso-orange.fr/flightSim.htm

I set up three monitors about three years ago and though I still have a computer build with one moniter for FSX the three are all I ever use unless I am working on scenery or aircraft. Take a look at my specs below though. You will want something like it I built it follwing a lot of Nick's Bible.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Hey mallcott, while we are on the build subject, I was wondering what I could do to improve my build without spending say more then $2000.00 Always looking to improve but still broke.

usb777

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Archived