Building a Home Flight Simulator Cockpit without "Building."

Guest Jetpit

Guest Jetpit

Hey all,

New guy checking in! To start off, I want to say the design and craftsmanship in these forums is absolutely amazing. I'm inspired to continue bettering my setup for sure. I wanted to drop a line, though, for the guys that see this incredible work, want to get into the hobby, but don't think they could ever accomplish something like that because of time, finances, or lacking the craftsman skill set (That was me!). Specifically, a buddy of mine from the flight simulation community is putting together a guide for folks looking to create a home flight simulator cockpit without having to design and build something from raw materials. Many of them are like me, owning only a few simple tools and lacking a garage, and finding themselves overwhelmed by what a google search produces today in terms of simulation products. There's nothing for sale, just a quick, concise reference of the best gear that is commercially available to help guys get started in the hobby. Please check it out and pass along feedback if you would! The site is brand new and will grow and improve with time.

www.homejetcockpit.com

Hello Jetpit! I had a quick look at the site. It looks nice and pretty polished. But to me (as a seasoned cockpit builder) (http://www.boeing747sim.com) and a computer store owner, it all adds up in my opinion to unproven personal opinions only. For example, it categorically states that one should avoid AMD video cards citing "uncompatibility" but my question is can it name one such uncompatibility? I have been using AMD video cards in jy sims for decades andnever had any issues, and as far as my store, 9 out of ten video card failures happen to be Nvidia, so why feed unsonsuntiated information without really knowing the facts? This is pretty common, a customer has a failed hp computer and he says that he will never buy another Hp then ten minutes later another customer tells that he will only buy HP. So we should our of fairness, talk in more generalistic terms and not categorically shut out one brand or type over another without any reason at all. My 2 cents. thank you, marco.

Archived