Adding A2A to STEAM

Jim Hall

I have the box CD FSX installed and working properly. I decided to buy FSX STEAM and have installed it. After restoring all the controls and playing with calibration I find the STEAM to be smoother. There are two problems though: 1. My A2A Cessna 172 is missing and I suppose the existing software didn't attach to the STEAM. How can I get my A2A to work with STEAM? Also, maybe not related, my Saitek Instrument Panel doesn't work with STEAM though it does on the Box CD FSX. Do I need to add the Service Packs 1&2 to STEAM somehow? All my other controls work fine. What do you think?
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

I can't speak to question #1, since I've never gotten any A2A planes, or anything else for that matter.

Did you re-activate your A2A plane for the new FSX? I mean Steam. It won't just migrate on over to FSX-SE. You have to install and activate payware if you want it to work in SE. To the bet of my knowledge. As far as I know. I believe.

I am often mistaken, however...

On to question #2:

Do I need to add the Service Packs 1&2 to STEAM somehow?

NO!! FSX-SE is FSX gold. It has SP 1&2, and Acceleration, all installed.

So, the question would be: do you have sometthing working in FSX Box that you don't have in SE, for the controller? Do you have FSUIPC in Box but not SE? Anything else that might affect the sim recognizing it? Does it calibrate properly? Is it even in the list of controllers to choose when you try to calibrate it? Just trying to think of possibilities.

Not super helpful, but that's the best I got fer ya :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Do I need to purchase another copy of A2A and then install it to STEAM somehow? As for the Saitek Instrument Panel, I had the same problem with the BOX FSX but when I installed the Service Packs 1 & 2 it fixed itself. I am not very good with computers so please be as detailed as possible for any fix you may recommend. Many thanks.

Big Red One, 18th Inf, Combat Medic, 1961-1964

U.S.N.R., Submarines, active 1 yr, res 6 yrs, qualified on the sub Halfbeak.

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Archived